Win2k server don't close files after applications are closed

Win2k server don't close files after applications are closed

Post by blackbir » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 22:13:45

Hi,

I have a small network with 15 workstations (win95/98/SE/ME), and my server
is a Pentium III 800/128 Ram.
This network have 3 segments (2 coaxial 10mbps and 1 10/100mbps).

When the workstations start their applications, the files appear openned on
server, but, after this applications are closed, this files stay openned on
server more than 30min/maybe 1hr.
When there files stay openned, this cause many conflicts.
Where I can adjust the time files stay openned after applications are
closed, or files is not more in use by workstations.

Thanks for all help

Sorry my poor English..

-Nelson

1. Files does not close even on closing the Foxpro Application

Hi
I have installed win2k 60 user license in a branded
server with service pack 2 installed. I am facing a
problem -  my DBF & FXP files remain open even after
coming out of the application. Foxpro version is DOS
2.6a. This problem is only in WIndows 98 clients. In
Windows XP the files are closed properly.

2. DJGPP, GCC, and throw, try, catch

3. Tooltip for program 'Close' button activates after program has closed

4. Query refused

5. Batch files don't close when finished!

6. HELP: Win95 + HP 4L Printer = No LPT1

7. Close program dialog won't close

8. Where can i get the Defrag.exe file???

9. ??? Need script to close all open files/close sessions

10. File Server won't release closed files

11. File server won't release closed files

12. windows don't close

13. TS window don't close