Win2K and IE5.0 and Cable Modem... not finding network connection when start IE5

Win2K and IE5.0 and Cable Modem... not finding network connection when start IE5

Post by <new_u.. » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I used to have Win98, with IE5.0, and my trusty cable modem.
When I started IE, it connected to the Internet, and all was well.

Now I have installed Win2K. Nothing else has changed.
When I start IE after a boot-up, it gives me a popup saying it cannot find the network connection, would I like to work Offline, or Re-try.
I click Re-try, and presto... it connects and all is OK.

This is really just an annoyance... but what do I do to stop it from happening?

Thanks for any help

Post by Gary Watso » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I used to have Win98, with IE5.0, and my trusty cable modem.
When I started IE, it connected to the Internet, and all was well.

Now I have installed Win2K. Nothing else has changed.
When I start IE after a boot-up, it gives me a popup saying it cannot find the network connection, would I like to work Offline, or Re-try.
I click Re-try, and presto... it connects and all is OK.

This is really just an annoyance... but what do I do to stop it from happening?

Thanks for any help

Win2K and IE5.0 and Cable Modem... not finding network connection when start IE5

Post by James Outcal » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 04:00:00

the network awhile ago. Its not the same as your problem as it is random and
doesn't happen very often anymore.

James

I used to have Win98, with IE5.0, and my trusty cable modem.
When I started IE, it connected to the Internet, and all was well.

Now I have installed Win2K. Nothing else has changed.
When I start IE after a boot-up, it gives me a popup saying it cannot find
the network connection, would I like to work Offline, or Re-try.
I click Re-try, and presto... it connects and all is OK.

This is really just an annoyance... but what do I do to stop it from
happening?

Thanks for any help

Win2K and IE5.0 and Cable Modem... not finding network connection when start IE5

Post by Frank Smit » Sat, 02 Sep 2000 04:36:55

is the worst programmed stuff and cause conflicts with tons of applications.

> the network awhile ago. Its not the same as your problem as it is random
and
> doesn't happen very often anymore.

> James

> I used to have Win98, with IE5.0, and my trusty cable modem.
> When I started IE, it connected to the Internet, and all was well.

> Now I have installed Win2K. Nothing else has changed.
> When I start IE after a boot-up, it gives me a popup saying it cannot find
> the network connection, would I like to work Offline, or Re-try.
> I click Re-try, and presto... it connects and all is OK.

> This is really just an annoyance... but what do I do to stop it from
> happening?

> Thanks for any help

Win2K and IE5.0 and Cable Modem... not finding network connection when start IE5

Post by James Outcal » Sat, 02 Sep 2000 07:28:22

Thanks,
James

> is the worst programmed stuff and cause conflicts with tons of
applications.

of
> > the network awhile ago. Its not the same as your problem as it is random
> and
> > doesn't happen very often anymore.

> > James

> > I used to have Win98, with IE5.0, and my trusty cable modem.
> > When I started IE, it connected to the Internet, and all was well.

> > Now I have installed Win2K. Nothing else has changed.
> > When I start IE after a boot-up, it gives me a popup saying it cannot
find
> > the network connection, would I like to work Offline, or Re-try.
> > I click Re-try, and presto... it connects and all is OK.

> > This is really just an annoyance... but what do I do to stop it from
> > happening?

> > Thanks for any help

1. Win2K + IE5.0 + Cable Modem... not finding network connection when start IE5

I used to have Win98, with IE5.0, and my trusty cable modem.
When I started IE, it connected to the Internet, and all was well.

Now I have installed Win2K. Nothing else has changed.
When I start IE after a boot-up, it gives me a popup saying it cannot find the network connection, would I like to work Offline, or Re-try.
I click Re-try, and presto... it connects and all is OK.

This is really just an annoyance... but what do I do to stop it from happening?

Thanks for any help

2. Vim for Atari ? (TOS !)

3. When is IE5 not IE5 and how do I make it IE5?

4. Adding a column to a VIEW which has dependent objects.

5. Is IE5.5 as good as IE5.0?

6. evolution of "intelligent" behaviour in genetic algorithms

7. IE5 > IE5.5?

8. Please give preview-latex 0.7pre a pounding

9. B3's IE5 = Final Release's IE5?

10. BUG: SSL certificate for *.sub.domain.com in IE5.0 and IE5.5

11. ie5 vs. ie5.5 on w2k SP1?

12. IE4 power toys for IE5, vs IE5 Web Accessories

13. Powertoys for IE5, TweakIE 2.1, Web Accessories, Scanregw Updated for IE5