MS-MVP (DTS) Please read !

Post by B vd Zo » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi my name is Bas and I am a network administrator for my company.

I have installed a new (other) HDD in a brand new pc. When i try to boot it,
it gives the following error:

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xED41F84C, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

etc, etc

I have tried to repair the the boot sector and startup files with the
emergency repair process, but it still gives me this error message...
The HDD already has been setup with a version of Win2000 Professional. This
was done on another machine...

Can somebody explain what is happening here and how to solve this problem. I
have seen this problem with several other machines / installs.

thnx

--
___________
B v.d. Zon

ICQ: 18450340

Lost Boys Games
Prins Hendrikkade 139
1011 AS Amsterdam

Phone: +31 (0)20 427 22 77
Fax: +31 (0)20 427 40 40

MS-MVP (DTS) Please read !

Post by Thomas Le » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00

writes

Quote:>Hi my name is Bas and I am a network administrator for my company.

>I have installed a new (other) HDD in a brand new pc. When i try to boot it,
>it gives the following error:

>*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xED41F84C, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
>INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

>etc, etc

>I have tried to repair the the boot sector and startup files with the
>emergency repair process, but it still gives me this error message...
>The HDD already has been setup with a version of Win2000 Professional. This
>was done on another machine...

Is this an UDMA 66 disk?

Quote:>Can somebody explain what is happening here and how to solve this problem. I
>have seen this problem with several other machines / installs.

Basically, the OS has partly booted, but can't read the boot device.

There are a large number of possible causes.

However,you don't supply enough information to give you a specific
cause.

Tell me more about the hardware...

Thomas

--
                                                                    Thomas Lee

Want to learn more about Windows 2000 TCP/IP?  See http://www.kapoho.com/tcpip

MS-MVP (DTS) Please read !

Post by Milo Bloo » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00

You say you set this hard drive up on another PC... Was the hardware the
same?  Same motherboard, or at least the same HDD controller?  This,
generally, is not a good idea.  The OS should really be installed on the
system that's going to be using it, or at least a system with the same basic
hardware.  Basically, you have an operating system that can't find the
non-default controller.  It gets in just far enough to load the driver
(presumably to speed up disk access) and WHAM, it can't find what you told
it to look for, so it stops.  Save yourself the hassle, and reload the OS on
the correct system.  It will be more stable in the long run.

~Milo

> Hi my name is Bas and I am a network administrator for my company.

> I have installed a new (other) HDD in a brand new pc. When i try to boot
it,
> it gives the following error:

> *** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xED41F84C, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
> INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

> etc, etc

> I have tried to repair the the boot sector and startup files with the
> emergency repair process, but it still gives me this error message...
> The HDD already has been setup with a version of Win2000 Professional.
This
> was done on another machine...

> Can somebody explain what is happening here and how to solve this problem.
> have seen this problem with several other machines / installs.

> thnx

> --
> ___________
> B v.d. Zon

> ICQ: 18450340

> Lost Boys Games
> Prins Hendrikkade 139
> 1011 AS Amsterdam

> Phone: +31 (0)20 427 22 77
> Fax: +31 (0)20 427 40 40

1. Thankyou to SG [MS MVP-DTS] for pointing me in the right direction...

A few days back I was experiencing a problem with an unknown .vxd error
and SG was able to determine that the error was related to my Yamaha
DS-XG Sound card.  I finally solved the problem by upgrading my Direct X
6.1 to 7a and reinstalling the sound card drivers.  Had it not been for
SG and his knowledge, I don't think I would have solved this issue.
Thank you again as you have kept me from losing my mind and beating the
computer into little tiny parts.

PS... To anyone:  Do yourself a favor and DO NOT purchase a Yamaha DS-XG
sound card as they are not supported very well and apparently have
issues that are difficult to resolve.  Buyer beware and spend the extra
money on a better card.

Chuck

2. Remote management question for sysadmins

3. Comment for George Aker aka SG [MS MVP-DTS]

4. Matlab source: Where can I get it?

5. (MS MVP-DTS)

6. US West DSL contract- no servers

7. James A. Eshelman [MS MVP / DTS]

8. virus - can't get rid of it

9. Whomever SG (MS MVP-DTS) is....

10. Any Ideas...? SG[MS MVP-DTS] vs. Doug Knox MS-MVP vs. Golem ROUND 2

11. explorer error - mvp please read

12. How to mount \Program Files? (MVPs please read)

13. MS MVP advice needed - please!