AdmWin 5.0 - automatic account management, port scanner, log off remote users

AdmWin 5.0 - automatic account management, port scanner, log off remote users

Post by Andreas Wennstro » Wed, 12 Sep 2001 04:14:45

Hello,

I've just released AdmWin 5.0, some highlights:

A much enhanced SetupBatcher - manage accounts automatically -
SetupBatcher can be set up with the schedule service to automatically
collect PGP encrypted POP3 e-mail attachments and then manage accounts, AD
properties, group membership, disk quota etc. according to the data in the
attachments. For more information, please visit
http://www.admwin.com/auto.htm.

NTinfo - enumerate all scheduled jobs on all machines in a domain. A
powerful port scanner has also been added.

WinRemote - display and log off remote local users.

There's a free 30 day AdmWin trial available at
http://www.admwin.com/

Many THANKS for all your feedback on the previous release!

Best regards
Andreas Wennstrom

1. Automatic log-off of users

Our network consists of a Windows 2000 Server and Windows
98 clients.  Our database application executes solely on
the Server, and every day we need to execute a "Run",
which is an end of day update/maintenance task.  This task
is essential and requires all users to not be connected to
any shares on the server from their workstations.  We have
had problems where users do not exit this database
application and the run therefore crashes with sharing
violations.  We need to find an automated way of ensuring
that all users are disconnected from the server at a
certain time to allow the run to complete without
interruption.  We have tried using the logon hours
restriction on the Server but have found that the users
who are currently logged on are not disconnected from
their current sessions when the logon restrictions come
into effect, but are unable to logon again should they log
off during this time.  As soon as the run begins, we need
for all the users to be disconnected.  Is there a feature
in Windows 2000 Server that we could use, or is there some
third-party software that we could download that would
meet our objective?

Many thanks
Raymond Diack

2. Ethernet card for TOSHIBA Satellite 1555CDS

3. Automatic Log Off users from workstation

4. Pulse Detection on modem

5. Log Off... and Log Off Default in Windows Log On

6. very large FP file

7. Can't remote a session or log users off!!!

8. PINE 3.90 surport receipt?

9. how to Automatic logo off user when user logon time expire in win2k

10. ts client logs in and logs right off with administrator account

11. Port Scanners, Port Watchers and Firewalls/Port Blockers

12. Once log off, can not log off, shut down, or restart

13. User logged off when logging in