Delete items in a folder without deleting the folder...

Delete items in a folder without deleting the folder...

Post by Scott Townsen » Fri, 06 Sep 2002 01:26:21

I have an Uploads folder that is shared on a FTP Server.

I want to delete everything in the folder at 11:59pm. Though I want the
folder and all its perms to be left intact.

What would be the best way to do this?

Thanks,
   Scott<

Delete items in a folder without deleting the folder...

Post by Ned Flander » Fri, 06 Sep 2002 01:40:16

Schedule it for 11:59 and off you go.

Quote:> I have an Uploads folder that is shared on a FTP Server.

> I want to delete everything in the folder at 11:59pm. Though I want the
> folder and all its perms to be left intact.

> What would be the best way to do this?

> Thanks,
>    Scott<

1. Folder Permissions - Read/Write/Delete but not delete or move folders

Is it possible to set up permissions/security on Windows 200 Server so
as to allow users full access rights to folders but not allow them to
move or delete the folders themselves?

We have a few staff who appear to be careless with their mouse movements
and are continually having to search for folders which have been
"dragged and dropped" to strange places on the  server!
--
James Sheerin

2. Street Planner on Series 7

3. Deleting a Folder Containing Redirected User Folders when the User has been Deleted

4. C++ won't work!

5. Deleted Items Folder

6. VMS 7.2 ?

7. Lost my "delete items" folder in Outlk Express!

8. Ultimate/lite line shift problem

9. Delete items in sent folder

10. Can't delete Parent Folder after deleting subdirectory

11. deleting deleted user folders

12. Can we delete only folder without related file saved from IE?

13. Can't create a new folder in explorer without Delete rights!