Explorer failure

Post by Philth » Wed, 15 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I just customised a folder to show thumbnail views, using the
'Customise folder wizard'.
Now, EVERY time I select a folder and click the 'edit' button on the
menu bar, I get the error message:

'explorer.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You
will need to restart the program.
An error log is being created.'

This happens in any explorer window I open. It closes the window and
disables my active desktop. I can't even edit the original customised
folder back to it's previous state!

I'm not sure what the error log file is named, or where to find it. If
you guys could tell me where it is, perhaps I could post it here and
get some help?

Thanks, Phil.

1. Windows Explorer Failures

When I try to do a cut or copy and paste in Windows Explorer, the program
cycles for a minute or so, then closes, and closes some of the apps in the
taskbar.

How can I correct this?

If it means reinstalling or repairing Windows Explorer, How do I do that?

I'm running Windows 2000 Server, 5.00.2195 Service Pack 2

2. "Send Pictures via E-mail dialog box" is gone ???

3. Windows Explorer failure

4. Footnote in caption

5. Explorer failure

6. xray

7. Windows Explorer Failure

8. Make outside of VC IDE

9. explorer failure

10. Solution: Norton-->VMM (blue screen) or Explorer failures on startup

11. Problems with no icons showing. Windows explorer failure

12. Explorer "Copy to:" failure