DUN error 751 even with No Call Back Configured

DUN error 751 even with No Call Back Configured

Post by Jon Josephso » Fri, 09 Nov 2001 09:41:47



Hi:

I get a DUN error 751 when I try to connect to my VPN
server.

The server is set to."No call back" as well.

Machines inside the lan can successfully connect using a
VPN connection.

Also, there is no firewall setup at this time.

External Nic:

64.xxx.xxx.xxx  IP
255.255.255.0 Sub
64.xxx.xxx.1 Default Gateway

Internal Nic
192.168.1.2
255.255.255.0
No default GAteway.

Thank You in advance for your help!!!

Jon

 
 
 

DUN error 751 even with No Call Back Configured

Post by Michael Holzeme » Fri, 09 Nov 2001 10:12:39


From what?

--
Regards,

Mike Holzemer
No email replies please - reply in newsgroup

Quote:> Hi:

> I get a DUN error 751 when I try to connect to my VPN
> server.

> The server is set to."No call back" as well.

> Machines inside the lan can successfully connect using a
> VPN connection.

> Also, there is no firewall setup at this time.

> External Nic:

> 64.xxx.xxx.xxx  IP
> 255.255.255.0 Sub
> 64.xxx.xxx.1 Default Gateway

> Internal Nic
> 192.168.1.2
> 255.255.255.0
> No default GAteway.

> Thank You in advance for your help!!!

> Jon


 
 
 

DUN error 751 even with No Call Back Configured

Post by Jon Josephso » Fri, 09 Nov 2001 10:30:49


I get the DUN error when I try to connect to the VPN
server from a remote Win 98SE computer.

Jon

>-----Original Message-----
>From what?

>--
>Regards,

>Mike Holzemer
>No email replies please - reply in newsgroup

message

>> Hi:

>> I get a DUN error 751 when I try to connect to my VPN
>> server.

>> The server is set to."No call back" as well.

>> Machines inside the lan can successfully connect using a
>> VPN connection.

>> Also, there is no firewall setup at this time.

>> External Nic:

>> 64.xxx.xxx.xxx  IP
>> 255.255.255.0 Sub
>> 64.xxx.xxx.1 Default Gateway

>> Internal Nic
>> 192.168.1.2
>> 255.255.255.0
>> No default GAteway.

>> Thank You in advance for your help!!!

>> Jon

>.

 
 
 

DUN error 751 even with No Call Back Configured

Post by Michael Holzeme » Fri, 09 Nov 2001 11:18:00


Do you have 2 dial up adapters? One regular and one for VPN support?

--
Regards,

Mike Holzemer
No email replies please - reply in newsgroup

> I get the DUN error when I try to connect to the VPN
> server from a remote Win 98SE computer.

> Jon

> >-----Original Message-----
> >From what?

> >--
> >Regards,

> >Mike Holzemer
> >No email replies please - reply in newsgroup

> message

> >> Hi:

> >> I get a DUN error 751 when I try to connect to my VPN
> >> server.

> >> The server is set to."No call back" as well.

> >> Machines inside the lan can successfully connect using a
> >> VPN connection.

> >> Also, there is no firewall setup at this time.

> >> External Nic:

> >> 64.xxx.xxx.xxx  IP
> >> 255.255.255.0 Sub
> >> 64.xxx.xxx.1 Default Gateway

> >> Internal Nic
> >> 192.168.1.2
> >> 255.255.255.0
> >> No default GAteway.

> >> Thank You in advance for your help!!!

> >> Jon

> >.

 
 
 

DUN error 751 even with No Call Back Configured

Post by Jon Josephso » Fri, 09 Nov 2001 12:01:33


Mike:

Yes, I do have both a dialup adapter and one for VPN
support.

I have another VPN server running at a diff. site and can
connect to it no problem.

Here is the exact error message I get..maybe it will help..
==========================================================
The remote computer refused the VPN connection. Please try
again latter. If this problem persists, check with your
network administrator
=========================================================

Thanks for your patience on this Mike!!!!

Jon

>-----Original Message-----
>Do you have 2 dial up adapters? One regular and one for
VPN support?

>--
>Regards,

>Mike Holzemer
>No email replies please - reply in newsgroup

message

>> I get the DUN error when I try to connect to the VPN
>> server from a remote Win 98SE computer.

>> Jon

>> >-----Original Message-----
>> >From what?

>> >--
>> >Regards,

>> >Mike Holzemer
>> >No email replies please - reply in newsgroup

in
>> message

>> >> Hi:

>> >> I get a DUN error 751 when I try to connect to my VPN
>> >> server.

>> >> The server is set to."No call back" as well.

>> >> Machines inside the lan can successfully connect
using a
>> >> VPN connection.

>> >> Also, there is no firewall setup at this time.

>> >> External Nic:

>> >> 64.xxx.xxx.xxx  IP
>> >> 255.255.255.0 Sub
>> >> 64.xxx.xxx.1 Default Gateway

>> >> Internal Nic
>> >> 192.168.1.2
>> >> 255.255.255.0
>> >> No default GAteway.

>> >> Thank You in advance for your help!!!

>> >> Jon

>> >.

>.

 
 
 

DUN error 751 even with No Call Back Configured

Post by Michael Holzeme » Fri, 09 Nov 2001 13:26:22


Really sounds like GRE is being blocked but you said there is no firewall.
So I am leaning toward access policies. You can connect to the other VPN
server so your settings are ok. Are both servers in the same domain? Can you
term serve to the server and check the policy settings?

--
Regards,

Mike Holzemer
No email replies please - reply in newsgroup

> Mike:

> Yes, I do have both a dialup adapter and one for VPN
> support.

> I have another VPN server running at a diff. site and can
> connect to it no problem.

> Here is the exact error message I get..maybe it will help..
> ==========================================================
> The remote computer refused the VPN connection. Please try
> again latter. If this problem persists, check with your
> network administrator
> =========================================================

> Thanks for your patience on this Mike!!!!

> Jon
> >-----Original Message-----
> >Do you have 2 dial up adapters? One regular and one for
> VPN support?

> >--
> >Regards,

> >Mike Holzemer
> >No email replies please - reply in newsgroup

> message

> >> I get the DUN error when I try to connect to the VPN
> >> server from a remote Win 98SE computer.

> >> Jon

> >> >-----Original Message-----
> >> >From what?

> >> >--
> >> >Regards,

> >> >Mike Holzemer
> >> >No email replies please - reply in newsgroup

> in
> >> message

> >> >> Hi:

> >> >> I get a DUN error 751 when I try to connect to my VPN
> >> >> server.

> >> >> The server is set to."No call back" as well.

> >> >> Machines inside the lan can successfully connect
> using a
> >> >> VPN connection.

> >> >> Also, there is no firewall setup at this time.

> >> >> External Nic:

> >> >> 64.xxx.xxx.xxx  IP
> >> >> 255.255.255.0 Sub
> >> >> 64.xxx.xxx.1 Default Gateway

> >> >> Internal Nic
> >> >> 192.168.1.2
> >> >> 255.255.255.0
> >> >> No default GAteway.

> >> >> Thank You in advance for your help!!!

> >> >> Jon

> >> >.

> >.

 
 
 

DUN error 751 even with No Call Back Configured

Post by Jon Josephso » Fri, 09 Nov 2001 23:13:11


Mike:

The other VPN server is in a diff. domain.

I'll will check further into the policy settings.

Thanks for your input, Mike.

Jon

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Really sounds like GRE is being blocked but you said

there is no firewall.
Quote:>So I am leaning toward access policies. You can connect
to the other VPN
>server so your settings are ok. Are both servers in the

same domain? Can you
>term serve to the server and check the policy settings?

>--
>Regards,

>Mike Holzemer
>No email replies please - reply in newsgroup

message

>> Mike:

>> Yes, I do have both a dialup adapter and one for VPN
>> support.

>> I have another VPN server running at a diff. site and
can
>> connect to it no problem.

>> Here is the exact error message I get..maybe it will
help..

==========================================================
Quote:>> The remote computer refused the VPN connection. Please
try
>> again latter. If this problem persists, check with your
>> network administrator

=========================================================

- Show quoted text -

>> Thanks for your patience on this Mike!!!!

>> Jon
>> >-----Original Message-----
>> >Do you have 2 dial up adapters? One regular and one for
>> VPN support?

>> >--
>> >Regards,

>> >Mike Holzemer
>> >No email replies please - reply in newsgroup

in
>> message

>> >> I get the DUN error when I try to connect to the VPN
>> >> server from a remote Win 98SE computer.

>> >> Jon

>> >> >-----Original Message-----
>> >> >From what?

>> >> >--
>> >> >Regards,

>> >> >Mike Holzemer
>> >> >No email replies please - reply in newsgroup

wrote
>> in
>> >> message

>> >> >> Hi:

>> >> >> I get a DUN error 751 when I try to connect to my
VPN
>> >> >> server.

>> >> >> The server is set to."No call back" as well.

>> >> >> Machines inside the lan can successfully connect
>> using a
>> >> >> VPN connection.

>> >> >> Also, there is no firewall setup at this time.

>> >> >> External Nic:

>> >> >> 64.xxx.xxx.xxx  IP
>> >> >> 255.255.255.0 Sub
>> >> >> 64.xxx.xxx.1 Default Gateway

>> >> >> Internal Nic
>> >> >> 192.168.1.2
>> >> >> 255.255.255.0
>> >> >> No default GAteway.

>> >> >> Thank You in advance for your help!!!

>> >> >> Jon

>> >> >.

>> >.

>.

 
 
 

1. Win2K VPN access error from Win98 PC: Error 751

When trying to access our Win2K server via VPN from a Win98 PC, I get
the following DUN error message:  "Dial-Up Networking was unable to
complete the connection.  Error: 751.  The remote computer refused the
VPN connection."  I cannot find any hits on this message in the KB.  I
have checked the VPN log on the server and there is no indication that I
am even getting there.  Yet I can ping its IP address from this same
PC.  Any ideas?  I have set up the Win2K server VPN per all the White
Papers, On-line docs, KB msgs, msgs in this forum, etc.  Any help would
be appreciated!  Thanks.

-- Steve Ikard

2. Psion 3/5/7: Synch with Lotus - Recommend please

3. Error 751

4. Bleeds with Acrobat 3.0

5. Instant Local Policy

6. VPN client session logon receives Error 751

7. Hayes Accura 28.8 or USR 28.8

8. AMD-751 Processor to AGP Controller error!

9. Error 751 - Remote computer refused the VPN connection

10. hatachi vx900 751 superscan

11. Irongate 751 AGP filter driver update problems

12. Serious bug: How to get DUN file back into DUN folder?