Automatic Log off after idle time

Post by Chri » Fri, 20 Jun 2003 08:06:17

I need to know how to automatically log off a user session
via GPO. I am aware of the password protection feature
that enables the user session to be locked, but i would
like to end the session and force all applications to be
closed rather than just lock the workstation.
Someone let me know if this is possible. Windows 2000
Domain (native mode) with mixed XP Pro and 2000 Pro
clients.

Automatic Log off after idle time

Post by Simon Gear » Fri, 20 Jun 2003 11:55:06

Have a look at the previous 'Force logoff after hours' thread. It has a
couple of suggestions.

Quote:> I need to know how to automatically log off a user session
> via GPO. I am aware of the password protection feature
> that enables the user session to be locked, but i would
> like to end the session and force all applications to be
> closed rather than just lock the workstation.
> Someone let me know if this is possible. Windows 2000
> Domain (native mode) with mixed XP Pro and 2000 Pro
> clients.

1. Log Off after 10 min idle time

Hello, I have Windows 2000 Pro on a very small home peer to peer network (3
desktops). If someone does not log off the computer they were on, I would
like the computer to log off automatically. I tried setting this for 10
minutes in Security Options. I went to Control Panel > Local Security Policy
required before disconnecting session: It says: Local setting 10 minutes:
Effective setting 10 minutes: If this is the right option, nothing happens.
The computer will stay logged on to the person who last logged on no matter
how long the computer is idle. I am brand new to Windows 2000 Pro and have
went through all the manuals I bought. This was the only reference I could
find. The security options also says: if domain-level policy settings are
defined, they override local policy settings. I thought a peer to peer
network had nothing to do with a domain and that should not mean my network.
But I am too new to really know. Thanks for any help or advice with the log
off time.

Dan

2. Is it possible to configure an SGI as a print spooler?

3. Can't log off users when idle time expires??

4. Bernoulli Fix for A300?????

5. auto log off after idle time

6. Rug Warrior info update

7. Automatic idle time disconnect session

8. Microsoft Fax - Windows 98 - Mail Merge in Office 97

9. Log Off... and Log Off Default in Windows Log On

10. How to Automatically Log Off the domain user from an Idle systme

11. log off idle users

12. "Automatically log off users when log on time expires

13. idle time log out.