How to uninstall, move, delete, rename Frontpage/Outlook/MediaPlayer folders ??

How to uninstall, move, delete, rename Frontpage/Outlook/MediaPlayer folders ??

Post by Thommy Kanth » Sat, 05 Oct 2002 16:18:20

On my Win2000 system there are some folders
C:\Program Files\microsoft frontpage
C:\Program Files\Outlook Express
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player

How do I delete/rename/move these folders?
Whenever I tried to perform one of these operations Win2000 told me something like:

"Cannot rename microsoft frontpage. Access denied"    or
"Cannot rename Outlook Express: There has been a sharing violation"

Especially I do not use Frontpage and Outlook. So I want to uninstall these programs.
How can I do that ?

Thx in advance
Thommy

How to uninstall, move, delete, rename Frontpage/Outlook/MediaPlayer folders ??

Post by camshaf » Sat, 05 Oct 2002 16:52:39

G'day Thommy,

Have a look in Control Panel >Add/Remove programs.

Cheers,
Camshaft.

Quote:> On my Win2000 system there are some folders
> C:\Program Files\microsoft frontpage
> C:\Program Files\Outlook Express
> C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player

> How do I delete/rename/move these folders?
> Whenever I tried to perform one of these operations Win2000 told me
something like:

> "Cannot rename microsoft frontpage. Access denied"    or
> "Cannot rename Outlook Express: There has been a sharing violation"

> Especially I do not use Frontpage and Outlook. So I want to uninstall
these programs.
> How can I do that ?

> Thx in advance
> Thommy

How to uninstall, move, delete, rename Frontpage/Outlook/MediaPlayer folders ??

Post by Stephen Liffe » Sat, 05 Oct 2002 17:42:59

If these programs were part of office you can uninstall them by using the
"Add/Remove" applet through control panel and choosing the version of Office
you have installed, it will then pop up a box where you can choose to add or
remove components of Office.

You are unable to remove these folder because they are either write
protected or a file within the folder is currently running in windows. It is
never advisable to remove programs in this way.

Hope this helps

Stephen

Quote:> On my Win2000 system there are some folders
> C:\Program Files\microsoft frontpage
> C:\Program Files\Outlook Express
> C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player

> How do I delete/rename/move these folders?
> Whenever I tried to perform one of these operations Win2000 told me
something like:

> "Cannot rename microsoft frontpage. Access denied"    or
> "Cannot rename Outlook Express: There has been a sharing violation"

> Especially I do not use Frontpage and Outlook. So I want to uninstall
these programs.
> How can I do that ?

> Thx in advance
> Thommy

How to uninstall, move, delete, rename Frontpage/Outlook/MediaPlayer folders ??

Post by Dave Niemeye » Mon, 07 Oct 2002 07:21:26

Probably better not delete files and folders like that.....    Best to
remove programs with Control Panel, Add remove programs....  Afterwards if
the folder still exists you usually can delete it.

Dave
------------

Quote:> On my Win2000 system there are some folders
> C:\Program Files\microsoft frontpage
> C:\Program Files\Outlook Express
> C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player

> How do I delete/rename/move these folders?
> Whenever I tried to perform one of these operations Win2000 told me
something like:

> "Cannot rename microsoft frontpage. Access denied"    or
> "Cannot rename Outlook Express: There has been a sharing violation"

> Especially I do not use Frontpage and Outlook. So I want to uninstall
these programs.
> How can I do that ?

> Thx in advance
> Thommy

How to uninstall, move, delete, rename Frontpage/Outlook/MediaPlayer folders ??

Post by Carrie Gart » Mon, 07 Oct 2002 20:29:50

Hi Thommy,

Not sure about C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player, however a search of the Microsoft Knowledge Base returns an article titled:
"Error Message Occurs When You Attempt to Delete Folders".  A snip of this article: "Windows File Protection (WFP) handles the
folders under the Winlogon process. There is no practical way to remove the folders, but the folders can be hidden from view."  For
the entire contents of the article, search for it at the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;KBHOWTO

Carrie

> On my Win2000 system there are some folders
> C:\Program Files\microsoft frontpage
> C:\Program Files\Outlook Express
> C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player

> How do I delete/rename/move these folders?
> Whenever I tried to perform one of these operations Win2000 told me something like:

> "Cannot rename microsoft frontpage. Access denied"    or
> "Cannot rename Outlook Express: There has been a sharing violation"

> Especially I do not use Frontpage and Outlook. So I want to uninstall these programs.
> How can I do that ?

> Thx in advance
> Thommy

1. Folder Permissions - Read/Write/Delete but not delete or move folders

Is it possible to set up permissions/security on Windows 200 Server so
as to allow users full access rights to folders but not allow them to
move or delete the folders themselves?

We have a few staff who appear to be careless with their mouse movements
and are continually having to search for folders which have been
"dragged and dropped" to strange places on the  server!
--
James Sheerin

2. DNS problem

3. Why can't I delete Outlook Express and MS FrontPage?

4. Frontpage Extensions

5. Frontpage doesn't work after moving wwwroot folder

6. Dynamic optimization

7. Can′t delete folder "microsoft frontpage"

8. Excel Programmer needed in Midwest

9. Deleting FrontPage Folder

10. microsoft frontpage folder....why can't I delete it?

11. Can't Delete, Rename or Move File

12. windows explorer produces error when renaming or moving a folder

13. prevent rename - delete folder -> BEST WAY ?