TS License

Post by MS » Wed, 01 Jan 2003 04:00:38

Actually, your license is checked every time you connect to a Terminal
Server, but the License Server never accesses the Internet, except when
you're activating it or installing CALs, using the wizard.

You can read more about TS licensing at
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/howitworks/terminal/tsl...
g.asp

Rob

Quote:> Please forgive me if you are aware of the following but if
> not, it may help.

> Are you aware that you have to set up a "License Server"
> for Terminal Server, that verifies your licenses with
> Microsoft?  Also, Win2K will give you a temporary 60 day
> license but on the last day will cut you off exactly as
> stated.

> No Terminal Server license is required if your clients are
> Win2K or WinXP, but anything below that (such as Win98SE
> and less) require a paid license.  The Licensing Server
> you set up checks your licenses about every 15 minutes, I
> believe through the net.  ALSO:

> You can set up licenses THREE ways:
> 1.  Just - licenses, per server.
> 2.  License, per seat.
> 3.  WITHIN per seat licensing, per group licensing.

> Per Group licensing allows you to set up users that can
> run across multiple computers using only the same TS
> license.  The exception to this is if they log onto two or
> more clients at the same time, which sucks down multiple
> TS licenses.  Remember, these PAID licenses only apply
> below Windows XP and 2K on the client computer.

1. W2K3 TS licensing: coexist with W2K TS licensing?

Is it possible to have both W2K3 and W2K licensing schemes in operation on
a domain?

We have a Citrix farm we wish to use with W2K3 (which I understand uses a
licensing model that leverages security groups for user-based licensing),
and several RDP servers that would use classic TS CALs on W2K.

Has anyone done this yet? Any gotchas?

- Scott

2. session variables not retaining

3. Can't Connect to TS...no TS liscenses shows in TS Licensing

4. Tape Drive as "normal" storage device?

5. TS License Server says Invalid License information

6. Barmeno and FF Sari

7. TS License Server not issuing Licenses

8. Pageframe.sty versus LaTeX2e

9. TS License manager can't find license server

10. Original TS cant contact new TS licensing server

11. Moving TS licenses from one TS server to another

12. TS Licensing not issuing licenses

13. TS and TS licensing server on same box.