Hibernate problem

Post by Alex Matto » Thu, 28 Dec 2000 05:03:58

Hi

my motherboard supports APM but win2k does not recognise this. It is on in
the BIOS but still nothing. Thus Hibernate will not work..

Any ideas??

Alex

Hibernate problem

Post by Eric Gisi » Thu, 28 Dec 2000 08:56:01

You need ACPI, not APM, for all the power management features of Win 2K.

If you are running Server, you can't have terminal services enabled.

: Hi
:
: my motherboard supports APM but win2k does not recognise this. It is on in
: the BIOS but still nothing. Thus Hibernate will not work..
:

1. Weird hibernate problem - system slows down after hibernate

I used to have no problems with hibernate, I would hibernate my computer
every night and resume in the morning with no problems. But now, when I
resume from hibernate, the system is real slow and I can't get most programs
to run. Task manager shows svhost sitting at 99% cpu utilisation, and not
much else works. Rebooting fixes this. Any ideas how to trouble shoot this?

2. email adress Bill Gates

3. Stby and Hibernate problem

4. Outlook clients check mail very slowly or time out!!

5. Hibernating problem

6. CPU Pricing and availability.

7. standby/hibernate problem

8. secure communication

9. Standy and hibernate problem

10. Hibernate problem

11. hibernate problem

12. 3rd try, someone has to have had this hibernate problem

13. Another darned hibernate problem