There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request

There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request

Post by Mar.. » Sun, 22 Sep 2002 21:07:11

This accur during , typing the unk path to my DC server, and alslo the DSF
root, after a while, 10 or 5 Minutes, its gone, I can acces everything
normaly, this occur not with SP2 installed,
:( I just installed SP3 :(

Can anyone help me?

reg .Martin

1. There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request

O.K.

Here is the setup:

I have a Win NT 4 domain setup and running with a DNS Server and a WINS
Server
I have a Win2K domain setup with DDNS

After remembering the /registerdns on the AD Server, we were able to create
a trust between the NT 4 domain and the Win2K domain.  To create the trust I
added an LMHOSTS file on a Win2K pro workstation (that is in the Win2K
domain) with the #DOM tag for the NT 4 domain.

From the Win2K pro workstation I can logon to either domain (NT 4 or Win2K).
When logged on to the NT 4 domain I can resolve the IPs of the servers in
the Win2K domain and vise-versa.

THE PROBLEM:

When I try to administer a server in the opposite domain, I get the error:

    There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon
request.

I have tried adding the Win2K domain name entry in the WINS database, but
still no luck.

Is there a solution available to this problem?

Mark German

2. Univac history: Herman Lukoff, "Dits to Bits"

3. flight certification

4. There are currently no no logon servers available to service the logon request

5. NTBackup with batch file

6. There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request

7. Help! Can't run 3D Studio under dos session?

8. "There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request"

9. "there are currently no logon servers available to service your logon request"

10. There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.

11. Help: There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request