virus alert

Post by Grac » Fri, 18 Jan 2002 07:15:09

I just received an email requesting I rid a virus from my
computer by deleting the sulfnbk.exe from my system
folder. Does anyone know the validaty of doing this or
what sulfnbk.exe is?

virus alert

Post by Ray Collin » Fri, 18 Jan 2002 07:41:59

It's a hoax.
For more info see:-
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/sulfnbk.exe.w....
html

HTH

Quote:> I just received an email requesting I rid a virus from my
> computer by deleting the sulfnbk.exe from my system
> folder. Does anyone know the validaty of doing this or
> what sulfnbk.exe is?

virus alert

Post by Jessi » Fri, 18 Jan 2002 07:40:28

This is a hoax. It has to do with long filenames. Don't do it.

hth
jo MCP

Quote:> I just received an email requesting I rid a virus from my
> computer by deleting the sulfnbk.exe from my system
> folder. Does anyone know the validaty of doing this or
> what sulfnbk.exe is?

virus alert

Post by JC » Fri, 18 Jan 2002 08:01:25

Don't do it.  The email itself is a scam.  I believe that
the SIRCAM virus can infect the SULFNBK.exe file but the
presence of the does not mean you'r infected.  Just Update
your virus scanner and check that way before you do
anything.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----