Will SR1 alter my cache and TEMP settings?

Will SR1 alter my cache and TEMP settings?

Post by Jan Flodi » Sun, 08 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I am about to upgrade my WIN2000 with SR1.

WIN2000 resides in the C: partition and I have previously set the cache
and TEMP to reside in another partition. If this setting will not be
changed, there is sufficient space available for me to run the SR1
update from the network.

So, does anyone know if the update will change this back to the C:
partition? If so, the system will probably crash, because the space
available will be too small.

--
Jan Flodin

WWW: http://mail.tel.fmv.se/~den/home.html
paging to my cellular phone (use only subject line):

Will SR1 alter my cache and TEMP settings?

Post by Jody W. Woo » Sun, 08 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I had to do this on one system and it worked fine.

> I am about to upgrade my WIN2000 with SR1.

> WIN2000 resides in the C: partition and I have previously set the cache
> and TEMP to reside in another partition. If this setting will not be
> changed, there is sufficient space available for me to run the SR1
> update from the network.

> So, does anyone know if the update will change this back to the C:
> partition? If so, the system will probably crash, because the space
> available will be too small.

> --
> Jan Flodin

> WWW: http://mail.tel.fmv.se/~den/home.html
> paging to my cellular phone (use only subject line):

Will SR1 alter my cache and TEMP settings?

Post by Jan Flodi » Sun, 08 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Thanks, Jody.

I will fire up the download and update now, hope to have the same good
luck...

Jan

> I had to do this on one system and it worked fine.

> > I am about to upgrade my WIN2000 with SR1.

> > WIN2000 resides in the C: partition and I have previously set the cache
> > and TEMP to reside in another partition. If this setting will not be
> > changed, there is sufficient space available for me to run the SR1
> > update from the network.

> > So, does anyone know if the update will change this back to the C:
> > partition? If so, the system will probably crash, because the space
> > available will be too small.

> > --
> > Jan Flodin

> > WWW: http://mail.tel.fmv.se/~den/home.html
> > paging to my cellular phone (use only subject line):

--
Jan Flodin

WWW: http://mail.tel.fmv.se/~den/home.html
paging to my cellular phone (use only subject line):

1. documents and settings\username\local settings\temp

I hope someone will help me here.

I was trying to solve a problem with an error message
I was receiving when trying to open a PDF file in IE6.0
That is a different issue entirely, but if you know the answer
to that I will take it.  Error was/is:

"could not find Acrobat External Window Handler"

Anyway,

So, I was searching for some files, when I found the folder
referenced in the subject line.  When I opened this file, I was
shocked, unbelievably shocked.  That file has tons and tons
of files I thought I deleted long ago.  Some as big as 120mb.

My question is this.  Can I delete all these files or is there a
possibility that there might be useful files in that folder?

How do I prevent this folder from continually filling up?
Shouldnt these files be deleted when rebooting?

Thanks for your help

Nick

2. Sales Reps for Manufacturing Wanted....

3. Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp

4. Today's popular newspaper typefaces?

5. \Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp

6. Why is listener dying ?

7. Files under c:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temp

8. BSD Compression vs. V42

9. Help - I can't alter any Resource settings of hardware - always grayed out.

10. Restricting Users to Alter Win98 Settings

11. IE cache/temp file location?

12. Caching in Temp directory