Winfax pro v9 install problem

Post by Ken Halste » Thu, 02 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Well, I just got my new system in with Win2k and am VERY pleased with it.
Everything runs great and I've especially noticed that multi-tasking is MUCH
better.

Question: I can't get Winfax Pro 9 Installed and was wondering if anyone
knows of an idea to try OR if anyone has had the same problem?

The install got to the end of copying all the files and then the screen went
blank and it just sat there for about 5 minutes before I decided it was not
going any further and had to get out.

Thanks for any help at all,

Ken Halsted.

Winfax pro v9 install problem

Post by Ken Halste » Thu, 02 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I just found this at Symantec's site so I thought I'd pass it along:

Situation:
You wish to determine if TalkWorks PRO 3.0 or WinFax PRO 9.0 will install
and function using the Windows 2000 operating system.

Solution:

WinFax PRO 9.0 and Windows 2000.

WinFax PRO 9.0 was designed specifically for Windows 95, 98 and NT 4.0.
Running WinFax PRO 9.0x with Windows 2000 is not recommended or approved by
Symantec.

Winfax pro v9 install problem

Post by Bobo » Fri, 03 Mar 2000 04:00:00

said:

Quote:>Well, I just got my new system in with Win2k and am VERY pleased with it.
>Everything runs great and I've especially noticed that multi-tasking is MUCH
>better.

>Question: I can't get Winfax Pro 9 Installed and was wondering if anyone
>knows of an idea to try OR if anyone has had the same problem?

>The install got to the end of copying all the files and then the screen went
>blank and it just sat there for about 5 minutes before I decided it was not
>going any further and had to get out.

Simple solution:

Go buy Winfax 10. :-)  I don't fault you for not knowing this...Symantec only
announced version 10 this week.

Now if they would just come out with Talkworks "2000" or 4.0, or whatever they
decide to call it.

Winfax pro v9 install problem

Post by Ken Halste » Fri, 03 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Thanks Bobo for the info.  I finally got it working by manually opening the
setup program from within the winfax folder.  There are a few things that
don't act quite right but it does work and hasn't crashed my system.

Since I just bought winfax v9, two months ago, I think I'll wait a while.
Symantec should have sold version 10 upgrade at a more reasonable price for
v9 buyers.

Ken.

Quote:> Simple solution:

> Go buy Winfax 10. :-)  I don't fault you for not knowing this...Symantec
only
> announced version 10 this week.

> Now if they would just come out with Talkworks "2000" or 4.0, or whatever
they
> decide to call it.

Winfax pro v9 install problem

Post by Bobo » Sat, 04 Mar 2000 04:00:00

said:

Quote:>Thanks Bobo for the info.  I finally got it working by manually opening the
>setup program from within the winfax folder.  There are a few things that
>don't act quite right but it does work and hasn't crashed my system.

>Since I just bought winfax v9, two months ago, I think I'll wait a while.
>Symantec should have sold version 10 upgrade at a more reasonable price for
>v9 buyers.

Considering that you did only buy it 2 months ago, I'd complain to Symantec
and see if they give you a free upgrade.  They tend to be nice about such
things and I seem to recall them doing free upgrades within a certain time
period before...

1. Need help on WinFax Pro v9

Hi guys

I'm trying to install WF Pro v9 on win2k server, which is domain controller
in our network. All work fine except 2 problems:
1. I can't connect to shared fax from network if nobody is logged in on
server machine. It makes it impossible to use WF Pro as a fax server for
sending faxes.
2. I can't connect to shared fax from client computer, if this computer is
not domain member.

Does anybody know how to get rid of those problems?

Many thanks in advance,

Dmitry

2. Catalog of compilers, interpreters, and other language tools [p1of5]

3. Winfax sharing w2k & winfax pro 9

4. US-MA-Bedford-Multi Agent Systems Developer/Architect

5. ISDN Faxing problems with Win2K Pro and WinFax PRO 10

6. Ever met a famous programmer?

7. Problems with WinFax 9 <-> WinFax 10

8. WinFax Pro Problems

9. Problems with WinFax after 98 Install

10. WinFax is unable to connect to the WinFax Host station called Server......

11. winfax.h and winfax.lib

12. Problem Installing Win XP Pro over Win 2K Pro