tweakui for Win2k

Post by Kelly O'Conno » Thu, 25 Jan 2001 01:51:55

I've heard that there is a win2k compatable version of tweakui out there, but for
the life of me I can't find it.  I've searched all over the MS website, but no
luck.

Is there such a beast out there?

I'm also wondering if there is anything like msconfig in win2k?

Thanks in advance!

tweakui for Win2k

Post by Tamer Abdelgawa » Thu, 25 Jan 2001 02:27:20

> I've heard that there is a win2k compatable version of tweakui out there, but for
> the life of me I can't find it.  I've searched all over the MS website, but no
> luck.

> Is there such a beast out there?

http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking...

URL may wrap.

HTH,

Quote:

--
Tamer Abdelgawad

"A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction
to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day."
        -- Bill Watterson (as Calvin)

tweakui for Win2k

Post by Jay Bolly » Thu, 25 Jan 2001 02:39:20

<snip>
I'm also wondering if there is anything like msconfig in win2k?
<snip>

http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

tweakui for Win2k

Post by Tor Langvan » Thu, 25 Jan 2001 03:13:52

ipconfig

--
Tor Langvand
Torlo Solutions

Quote:> <snip>
> I'm also wondering if there is anything like msconfig in win2k?
> <snip>

> http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

tweakui for Win2k

Post by Ian Cowle » Thu, 25 Jan 2001 03:57:32

And this link helps how?
That's not TweakUI.

This is: http://www.iancowley.co.uk -> Click on Odd Downloads -> Scroll to
bottom.

--
Ian Cowley
Christ's College, Cambridge University, UK

Quote:> <snip>
> I'm also wondering if there is anything like msconfig in win2k?
> <snip>

> http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

tweakui for Win2k

Post by Steve W » Thu, 25 Jan 2001 06:46:26

I've read here that msconfig will work fine in W2K although I haven't tried
it myself.  If you'd like to view or disable all startup programs here's a
great little program for W2K:

Startup Control Panel
http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

Enjoy =).

Quote:> <snip>

Post by Greg Armeni » Thu, 25 Jan 2001 09:28:08

You want it, here it is... http://www.jermar.com/

--
Regards,
         Greg

The Pier Exchange

I've heard that there is a win2k compatable version of tweakui out there,
but for
the life of me I can't find it.  I've searched all over the MS website, but
no
luck.

Is there such a beast out there?

I'm also wondering if there is anything like msconfig in win2k?

Thanks in advance!

tweakui for Win2k

Post by Greg Armeni » Thu, 25 Jan 2001 10:02:04

Quote:> And this link helps how?
> That's not TweakUI.

Do not use this link, the one I gave you is the Author link. You will need
the latest version.

--
Regards,
         Greg

The Pier Exchange

tweakui for Win2k

Post by Ian Cowle » Fri, 26 Jan 2001 02:55:26

Ok, to clear up the confusion, here's a definite, final answer:

Microsoft have released TweakUI 1.33 and this is now available at either
http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking...
kUI.asp
or www.iancowley.co.uk -> Click on Odd Downloads and it's at the top.
This works in all Win9x/WinMe/WinNT/Win2000 environments (Microsoft have
conbined the separate TweakUI's they used to have into one).
If you're worrried about having a cross-platform product, the (slightly
older versions) separate OS versions are available at the bottom of the Odd
Downloads page.
These are all free downloads.

If you want a third-party tool that looks at your startup programs in the
registry and other places, and is written by a pretentious 17-year-old kid,
go to http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml
The applications offered are free (I believe)

The products offered at www.jermar.com are NOT TweakUI, but do similar
things, and are third-party tools again.  As far as I can see, they are not
free either.

Hope this clears up any confusion caused by careless posting by lots of
people with crossed wires.