need some option

Post by Tikbo » Sun, 22 Apr 2001 06:32:08

we're upgrading to win2k environment, and my question is which is better to
do first upgarde the server? or upgrade the workstations?

tia

need some option

Post by Marlon Rodrigue » Wed, 25 Apr 2001 00:22:11

The steps that are advised to fallow are:
1. PDC
2. BDC
3. Member servers and/or workstations

Read this migration cookBook by Microsoft it is very good!
www.microsoft.com/windows2000/library/planning/activedirectory/cookbo...

Quote:> we're upgrading to win2k environment, and my question is which is better
> do first upgarde the server? or upgrade the workstations?

> tia

1. Windows update needs more options

I like the idea of having an easy place to find updates, and find out which
ones you need, but I sure wish there was a button that said "download files
and save to disk".  I always have kept my update files on a Zip disk, ready
to use if I reformat, or to avoid having to download on another machine.

I know there is a complicated way to empty the internet cache, then locate,
save, and figure out how to install the files, but it could be so simple!  I
realize there are different drivers, etc. for different hardware, but most
upgrades don't involve that.  And, if I mess up my system by using the wrong
files, that's MY problem.

I don't particularly like having this "umbilical cord" to Microsoft's
website.  Does anyone have any ideas of how we can get the point across to
Microsoft?

2. New solid edge user

3. Right click options help needed

4. csh hacks for distrib. proc. system - where did I read this?

5. Backup solution - need advice - too many options!!

6. Fuzzy Logic Programs

7. Lost my SEARCH option - need a registry entry?

8. ***~~~*KaMa SuTrA*~~~***~~~*KaMa SuTrA*~~~***

9. cluster IIS, need Options pack? or not?

10. need help correcting file types and file extentions in folder options

11. Still need help with folder options Please

12. win2000 Performance options...Need more speed, less overhead

13. Need to Get Accessibility Options Icon Out of Systray