MULTIPROCESSOR_CONFIGURATION_NOT_SUPPORTED error on Win2K Server boot....help!

MULTIPROCESSOR_CONFIGURATION_NOT_SUPPORTED error on Win2K Server boot....help!

Post by Francesc » Tue, 16 Jan 2001 12:39:22

Help...

I just finished an upgrade install of Win 2K over Nt 4.0 on a dual Pentium
II 300
machine that has been running perfectly with Nt 4.0 for 3 years.  After 5
hours of
trying to get this Win2K install completed, I got a blue screen on the
reboot between
the text-based setup and the first GUI setup.  Before I was just getting
repetitive
reboots without errors, at leasst now it gives me a blue screen:

MULTIPROCESSOR_CONFIGURATION_NOT_SUPPORTED

This one does not make sense since I have had this dual PII 300 system
running
beautifully on NT 4 for years.  Can someone offer some ideas on how to get
around this error?  Does Win2K not support dual PII 300 processors?

I have already tried to flash upgrade my BIOS and reset BIOS settings to
fail-safe.
This did nothing.  I need to get this system functional within 6 hours.  If
someone
can help, please let me know through this group, as I cannot check email
right now.

If I cannot get Win2K up I will be very disappointed but at least I can go
back to
NT 4.0, old reliable.

Francesco

MULTIPROCESSOR_CONFIGURATION_NOT_SUPPORTED error on Win2K Server boot....help!

Post by Mark M » Tue, 16 Jan 2001 23:02:46

If it is on the HCL then you need to install the SMP driver for the 2nd
processor.  At this point the only way I can think of is to remove the 2nd
CPU, install, when it comes up install the SMP driver, power down, install
the 2ns CPU and power up.  First check the HCL though and the mobo
manufacturer.

--

Thank you for contacting the Network Doctor!

Quote:> Help...

> I just finished an upgrade install of Win 2K over Nt 4.0 on a dual Pentium
> II 300
> machine that has been running perfectly with Nt 4.0 for 3 years.  After 5
> hours of
> trying to get this Win2K install completed, I got a blue screen on the
> reboot between
> the text-based setup and the first GUI setup.  Before I was just getting
> repetitive
> reboots without errors, at leasst now it gives me a blue screen:

> MULTIPROCESSOR_CONFIGURATION_NOT_SUPPORTED

> This one does not make sense since I have had this dual PII 300 system
> running
> beautifully on NT 4 for years.  Can someone offer some ideas on how to get
> around this error?  Does Win2K not support dual PII 300 processors?

> I have already tried to flash upgrade my BIOS and reset BIOS settings to
> fail-safe.
> This did nothing.  I need to get this system functional within 6 hours.
If
> someone
> can help, please let me know through this group, as I cannot check email
> right now.

> If I cannot get Win2K up I will be very disappointed but at least I can go
> back to
> NT 4.0, old reliable.

> Francesco

MULTIPROCESSOR_CONFIGURATION_NOT_SUPPORTED error on Win2K Server boot....help!

Post by Honj » Wed, 17 Jan 2001 10:47:32

My suggestion is use F5 in the process of installation and specifiy Uniprocessor
PC and complete the installation.  Then after regbooting update the Computer
driver for MPS Multiprocessor PC in Device Manager.

Kaz Honjo

> If it is on the HCL then you need to install the SMP driver for the 2nd
> processor.  At this point the only way I can think of is to remove the 2nd
> CPU, install, when it comes up install the SMP driver, power down, install
> the 2ns CPU and power up.  First check the HCL though and the mobo
> manufacturer.

> --

> Thank you for contacting the Network Doctor!

> > Help...

> > I just finished an upgrade install of Win 2K over Nt 4.0 on a dual Pentium
> > II 300
> > machine that has been running perfectly with Nt 4.0 for 3 years.  After 5
> > hours of
> > trying to get this Win2K install completed, I got a blue screen on the
> > reboot between
> > the text-based setup and the first GUI setup.  Before I was just getting
> > repetitive
> > reboots without errors, at leasst now it gives me a blue screen:

> > MULTIPROCESSOR_CONFIGURATION_NOT_SUPPORTED

> > This one does not make sense since I have had this dual PII 300 system
> > running
> > beautifully on NT 4 for years.  Can someone offer some ideas on how to get
> > around this error?  Does Win2K not support dual PII 300 processors?

> > I have already tried to flash upgrade my BIOS and reset BIOS settings to
> > fail-safe.
> > This did nothing.  I need to get this system functional within 6 hours.
> If
> > someone
> > can help, please let me know through this group, as I cannot check email
> > right now.

> > If I cannot get Win2K up I will be very disappointed but at least I can go
> > back to
> > NT 4.0, old reliable.

> > Francesco

MULTIPROCESSOR_CONFIGURATION_NOT_SUPPORTED error on Win2K Server boot....help!

Post by Stuar » Fri, 19 Jan 2001 22:35:31

All of the above require that your hardware doesn't need a custom HAL! If it
doesn't work you may have to contact the manufaturer/ vendor and ask about a
dual proc. HAL.

Stuart

> My suggestion is use F5 in the process of installation and specifiy
Uniprocessor
> PC and complete the installation.  Then after regbooting update the
Computer
> driver for MPS Multiprocessor PC in Device Manager.

> Kaz Honjo

> > If it is on the HCL then you need to install the SMP driver for the 2nd
> > processor.  At this point the only way I can think of is to remove the
2nd
> > CPU, install, when it comes up install the SMP driver, power down,
install
> > the 2ns CPU and power up.  First check the HCL though and the mobo
> > manufacturer.

> > --

> > Thank you for contacting the Network Doctor!

> > > Help...

> > > I just finished an upgrade install of Win 2K over Nt 4.0 on a dual
Pentium
> > > II 300
> > > machine that has been running perfectly with Nt 4.0 for 3 years.
After 5
> > > hours of
> > > trying to get this Win2K install completed, I got a blue screen on the
> > > reboot between
> > > the text-based setup and the first GUI setup.  Before I was just
getting
> > > repetitive
> > > reboots without errors, at leasst now it gives me a blue screen:

> > > MULTIPROCESSOR_CONFIGURATION_NOT_SUPPORTED

> > > This one does not make sense since I have had this dual PII 300 system
> > > running
> > > beautifully on NT 4 for years.  Can someone offer some ideas on how to
get
> > > around this error?  Does Win2K not support dual PII 300 processors?

> > > I have already tried to flash upgrade my BIOS and reset BIOS settings
> > > fail-safe.
> > > This did nothing.  I need to get this system functional within 6
hours.
> > If
> > > someone
> > > can help, please let me know through this group, as I cannot check
email
> > > right now.

> > > If I cannot get Win2K up I will be very disappointed but at least I
can go
> > > back to
> > > NT 4.0, old reliable.

> > > Francesco

1. MULTIPROCESSOR_CONFIGURATION_NOT_SUPPORTED on win2k install....

[...]

2. NOkia 3110 & Series 5: How do I connect them

3. help : MULTIPROCESSOR_CONFIGURATION_NOT_SUPPORTED

4. USING EUDORA WITH A NET-LINK ADDRESS!

5. Broken Atari 1040 STe

6. MULTIPROCESSOR_CONFIGURATION_NOT_SUPPORTED

7. Internet Connection Sharing...

9. Win2k error:java.lang.UnsatifiedLinkError: