Change Administrator Logon Spelling

Post by Curt Gros » Fri, 25 Oct 2002 11:13:43

I recently received a new Panasonic laptop with Windows 2K
Pro.  My home office PC Gurus misspelled the logon on name
for the Administrator (they spelled it ADMINSTRATOR).  How
do I change the spelling of Administrator without having
to reload Windows 2K????  They haven't a clue and a simple
user such as I don't either but it is a pain correcting
the spelling each time because Windows 2K is looking for
the correct spelling???? What's up with that?

thanks in advance,
Curt

Change Administrator Logon Spelling

Post by JB » Fri, 25 Oct 2002 12:17:49

There is a setting in your local security options to allow
for the rename of admin...

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I recently received a new Panasonic laptop with Windows
2K
>Pro.  My home office PC Gurus misspelled the logon on
name
>for the Administrator (they spelled it ADMINSTRATOR).
How
>do I change the spelling of Administrator without having
>to reload Windows 2K????  They haven't a clue and a
simple
>user such as I don't either but it is a pain correcting
>the spelling each time because Windows 2K is looking for
>the correct spelling???? What's up with that?

>thanks in advance,
>Curt

>.

Change Administrator Logon Spelling

Post by Curt » Fri, 25 Oct 2002 12:51:46

Thanks but I'm unable to find that particular action as
yet.  Can you give more specific procedure(s)???

regards,

Curt

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>There is a setting in your local security options to
allow
>for the rename of admin...

Post by Daniel Bosti » Fri, 25 Oct 2002 16:36:55

Curt:
Under you Administrative Tools (via either Control Panel or Start Menu)
select "Local Security Policy".  From there go into the "Security Options".
There is a policy titled "Rename Administrator Account"......

Hope that helps
Dan Bostic

Quote:> Thanks but I'm unable to find that particular action as

Post by Xavier Merc » Fri, 25 Oct 2002 16:30:22

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Thanks but I'm unable to find that particular action as
>yet.  Can you give more specific procedure(s)???

Hi,

Open the local security policy mmc, expand local security,
then security options. You should find "Rename
administrator account" parameter.

A++
Xavier Mercy

Change Administrator Logon Spelling

Post by LoveCupi » Fri, 25 Oct 2002 21:33:36

Hi,

Click Start
Select Control Panel
Double click on Administrative Tools
Double click on Computer Management
Select Local Users and Groups
Select Users Folder
Select the mis-spelt administrator
Right click and select Rename
Type in the Correct Spelling which is Administrator

Cheerio,
LoveCupid

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I recently received a new Panasonic laptop with Windows
2K
>Pro.  My home office PC Gurus misspelled the logon on
name
>for the Administrator (they spelled it ADMINSTRATOR).
How
>do I change the spelling of Administrator without having
>to reload Windows 2K????  They haven't a clue and a
simple
>user such as I don't either but it is a pain correcting
>the spelling each time because Windows 2K is looking for
>the correct spelling???? What's up with that?

>thanks in advance,
>Curt

>.

Change Administrator Logon Spelling

Post by Curt » Fri, 25 Oct 2002 22:41:19

This is all good information and I've changed the
Administrators name but the logon screen (when booting up)
still displays the incorrect spelling of Administrator.
Now I noticed on the system information window, the
Registered To has the incorrect spelling of Administrator
entered.  Maybe I have to change the Registered To???? Is
that possible without reformating and reloading?  Thanks
again inadvance to all!

Pulling my hair out slowly but surely!!  Ha,ha!

regards,

Curt

Quote:>-----Original Message-----