Lost Product Key

Post by Tony Fletche » Tue, 04 Mar 2003 11:38:16

I lost the jewel case for my Windows 2000 Professional
install disk.  Is there any way to recover it from
Microsoft?

Lost Product Key

Post by nemo » Wed, 05 Mar 2003 04:55:24

Try this link:

http://www.magicaljellybean.com/

Regards

Nemo

On Sun, 2 Mar 2003 18:38:16 -0800, "Tony Fletcher"

>I lost the jewel case for my Windows 2000 Professional
>install disk.  Is there any way to recover it from
>Microsoft?

Lost Product Key

Post by Bruce Chamber » Wed, 05 Mar 2003 11:22:21

Greetings --

    If it was a retail license and you have proof of purchase:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;326246

    If it was an OEM license, you should contact whomever sold you the
OS; although very few manufacturers/vendors keep records of the
Product Keys they've sold, it's worth a try before you have to buy a
new license.  Also, if you did originally register the OEM
installation with Microsoft they might be able to help, although
they're under no obligation to do so; All support is the sole
responsibility of the OEM

   If your current Win2K installation is still functioning, you may be
able to use AIDA32 Enterprise from http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php to
find the Product Key.  (If you have a factory-installed OEM license,
and haven't since reinstalled the OS, the revealed Product Key is that
of the drive image used at the factory and not _your_ specific Product
Key; therefore, it probably cannot be -- and definitely should not
be -- used for a re-installation.)

Bruce Chambers
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
----
You can have peace.  Or you can have freedom.  Don't ever count on
having both at once. -- RAH

Quote:> I lost the jewel case for my Windows 2000 Professional
> install disk.  Is there any way to recover it from
> Microsoft?

1. Lost Product Key - Genuine Product

I have my oiginal (and genuine!) MS2000 CD but I cannot
find the Product Key as the CD case is missing and is more
than likely with the licence.

The machine it is installed on has trashed the HD so I
need the Product Key to re-install.

What do I do???

Regards

2. frame size

3. How to recover lost product key for W2K Server

4. Wanted - Optional Drivers for SONY SMO-S501 MO drives

5. lost product key

6. WTB: 10/100 Bast-T card for Indigo 2

7. lost product key for windows 2000 server

8. AT&T Telemarketing Hits New Low!

9. Lost product key code - have original CD (not illegal)

10. Lost product key

11. Lost Product Key

12. lost product key

13. Lost Product Key Code