TWEAKUI for Windows 2000

Post by msnews.microsoft.co » Wed, 08 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone know where to get TWEAK UI for Windows 2000.  It is said to be
in Windows 2000 Professional Resouce Kit, but I cannot find it.

Roger

TWEAKUI for Windows 2000

Post by Dave Collins - Quality-Sharewar » Wed, 08 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi Roger,

It's all over the place, but I'd really advise using X-Setup instead; it's
far more stable, and does all that TWEAKUI does and more. Installing TWEAKUI
introduced the only "bit" of instability on my Win2K machine.... I'd go the
X-SETUP way if I were you. <http://www.xteq.com/>

Best regards,

--
Dave Collins
Quality-Shareware

TWEAKUI for Windows 2000

Post by Keith Gamar » Wed, 08 Mar 2000 04:00:00

You can find TWEAKUI for Windows 2000 under the "Miscellaneous Downloads" at
http://on.to/w2k

--------
Keith Gamard

| Does anyone know where to get TWEAK UI for Windows 2000.  It is said to be
| in Windows 2000 Professional Resouce Kit, but I cannot find it.
|
| Roger

TWEAKUI for Windows 2000

Post by Alan » Wed, 08 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Try here...
http://www.win2knews.com/

Its under 'files'

Alan m

Quote:> Does anyone know where to get TWEAK UI for Windows 2000.  It is said to be
> in Windows 2000 Professional Resouce Kit, but I cannot find it.

> Roger

TWEAKUI for Windows 2000

Post by Roger Erikse » Wed, 08 Mar 2000 04:00:00

X-Setup Looks great - I will need to test it out!
Thanks!

Roger

TWEAKUI for Windows 2000

Post by Dave Collins - Quality-Sharewar » Thu, 09 Mar 2000 04:00:00

No problem - it really IS great... and stable!

--
Dave Collins
Quality-Shareware
'A more civilised form of shareware'
<http://quality-shareware.com>
Shareware Promotional Services
<http://quality-shareware.com/services>

TWEAKUI for Windows 2000

Post by Matthew Elli » Thu, 09 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> No problem - it really IS great... and stable!

How has tweakui made your system unstable?

Matt

TWEAKUI for Windows 2000

Post by Loui » Thu, 09 Mar 2000 04:00:00

why would anybody says it work if it makes it a "bit" unstable.

Quote:> Hi Roger,

> It's all over the place, but I'd really advise using X-Setup instead; it's
> far more stable, and does all that TWEAKUI does and more. Installing
TWEAKUI
> introduced the only "bit" of instability on my Win2K machine.... I'd go
the
> X-SETUP way if I were you. <http://www.xteq.com/>

> Best regards,

> --
> Dave Collins
> Quality-Shareware
> 'A more civilised form of shareware'
> <http://quality-shareware.com>
> Shareware Promotional Services
> <http://quality-shareware.com/services>

TWEAKUI for Windows 2000

Post by J. Alle » Thu, 09 Mar 2000 04:00:00

It is not unstable I have tested TweakUI from Win95/98/NT on Windows 2000.  They all work fine.

--

Go here to learn more: http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
And here to download the program: http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/download.html

  why would anybody says it work if it makes it a "bit" unstable.

  > Hi Roger,
  >
  > It's all over the place, but I'd really advise using X-Setup instead; it's
  > far more stable, and does all that TWEAKUI does and more. Installing
  TWEAKUI
  > introduced the only "bit" of instability on my Win2K machine.... I'd go
  the
  > X-SETUP way if I were you. <http://www.xteq.com/>
  >
  > Best regards,
  >
  > --
  > Dave Collins
  > Quality-Shareware
  > 'A more civilised form of shareware'
  > <http://quality-shareware.com>
  > Shareware Promotional Services
  > <http://quality-shareware.com/services>

TWEAKUI for Windows 2000

Post by Jesse MacDonoug » Sun, 12 Mar 2000 04:00:00

The one anomaly i've found with X-Setup and win2000 though, is if you remove
shortcut arrows on your URL's with this program, all your shortcuts on the
Favorites menu cascading from the Start Menu will disappear.  They'll still
be there from IE and if you right click on the folder and select open, but
the folder (and subfolders in the Favorites Menu) will appear as Empty from
the Start Menu.  Just thought you should know...

Quote:> Hi Roger,