COM port assignment

Post by Jose » Sun, 16 Feb 2003 16:14:19

How do I find what is assigned to a COM port.  I see that
COM 1 is in use but I can't figure out which device is
using it.   I need to use COM 1 for a serial device so I
can run it in DOS mode.

COM port assignment

Post by Vanguar » Mon, 17 Feb 2003 14:30:21

Got any serial ports on the back of the case?

--
** Post replies to newsgroup.  Share with others.
** Remove ".NIX" from my email username, if present.

How do I find what is assigned to a COM port.  I see that
COM 1 is in use but I can't figure out which device is
using it.   I need to use COM 1 for a serial device so I
can run it in DOS mode.

1. Com Port Assignments

I have a windows 98 machine
500 hmz celeron 64mb ram
Riva tnt creative labs video AGP
"Creative labs PCI128 sound card
Kingston PCI Ethernet card
and a US Robotics 56k PCI modem

When I went to install the modem a couple of days ago it installed
fine but it is listed in windows as being com 5.
The serial ports are listed as com 1 and 2.  There are no other signs
of COM's 3,4
I even disabled com 2 from the bios and then reinstalled the modem
hoping it would pickup the com 2 slot but no such luck

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Rich

2. breaking into the Oracle job market

3. USB serial port; how to change the com assignment

4. HELP in forming VBX controls in Borland 4.5

5. wrong assignment of com port for internal modem on laptop (Q247152)

6. Laptop/notebook search site

7. windows 2000 messes up com port resource assignment in other OSs

8. Finding next-closest color in 256-color palette

9. assignment of com port to internal modem?

10. Installing COM ports (PS/2, USB, COM, Serial???)

11. How can I tell which COM port on which USB Hub Port?

12. Allocation of IR port to COM port