Unauthorized to change password.

Post by Stan Vandive » Thu, 06 Sep 2001 00:35:13

I installed Windows 2000 Server about four weeks ago and I
have a number of users who have been prompted to change
their password. When they attempt to change their password
they receive the error "The password on this account
cannot be changed at this time."

Unauthorized to change password.

Post by Michael Ster » Thu, 06 Sep 2001 03:06:41

too restrictive password policy?

Quote:> I installed Windows 2000 Server about four weeks ago and I
> have a number of users who have been prompted to change
> their password. When they attempt to change their password
> they receive the error "The password on this account
> cannot be changed at this time."

1. Unauthorized to change password

Hi all,

I've been out of the network adminstrator position for a while.  I now find
myself as admin for a small network with XP pro workstations and Win2k DC.
I ran baseline and and IIS lockdown, all sorts of security updates, and
somewhere I did something that not only requires everyone to change thier
passwords, but tells them they are unauthorized to change thier password
when they try.

I've check the user profiles and the do not have password expiration
enabled. (I know, bad move)
I can find nothing in the account policies of the domain security policies
or domain controller security policies tjat would cause this.  Any ideas
would be helpful.  7 days to lockout and counting.

Also, is there a way to prevent a person or account from being used on two
computers in the domain at the same time?

Thanks a bunch

TB
IT Admin

2. logical drive path resets after every reboot

3. Microsoft Windows 2000 Unauthorized Password Change Vulnerability

4. rfc1757 rmon mib

5. I'm looking to password protect my client's system from unauthorized

6. lpr & novell printing to HP LJ III

7. File object permission change starts unauthorised network activity

8. Who makes I2 mouse?

9. Unauthorized Registry Changes...

10. AD Prompting that password is expiring after the password has already been changed

11. Changing a password via ASP and ADSI - the old and new password still work!