Windows SAM entry: Last Logon Time

Post by JediK » Wed, 28 Nov 2001 16:39:48

All,

Just a quick bit of interesting info I thought i'd share
if anyone cares .. apologies if you already know this ..

In WinNT, the user LastLogon Date/Time attribute is the
ONLY attribute of the SAM that can be updated on BDC's
(all other updates happen on the PDC) ref Q266729.

It is also important to note that each BDC does NOT
replicate this attribute to the PDC. Therefore, to
ascertain the last time a user has logged in to the
Domain, you need to check EVERY Domain Controller and
compare Date/Time to work out the most recent login.

I got caught on this while running some checks in order to
perform an Accounts clean-up process at the place i'm
working at where we are deleting accounts that haven't
logged in for 12mths.

Cheers
JediK9

1. Fax Problems(entry not displayed correctly last time)

On a Win2000 System the Fax-Software "ELSA CommunicatePro" is running
properly.
When I want to send a fax from Word2000, the assistant guides me through all
steps like faxnumber, head yes/no etc. But after that he states the absence
of a fax
printer. When I want to use the HP - fax program, the same warning occurs.
In both cases it doesnt matter if CommunicatePro is active or not. The fax
service is
running, event protocol is OK and the fax printer appears at the right
places.
I can delete and add the fax printer and adjust all options. The modem is an
ELSA
Microlink 56K. How can I provide correct Windows- and Word fax service?
The abilities of CommunicatePro are quite limited so I need every service I
can get.

Greetings Stephan Bohlender

2. Using a printer on the Network

3. Last Logon Time

4. Wanted: GX adapters

5. How to access Exchange "Last Logon Time" ???

6. Webcontrol Javascript generation

7. Retrieving the last logon date/time

8. WTB: Stylewriter 2200

9. Last Logon time

10. last logon time

11. Last Logon Date And Time

12. User listing tool - including last logon time

13. Removing last users logon name from the logon prompt