Is there a way to have modem disconnect when idle?

Is there a way to have modem disconnect when idle?

Post by Jeff Ingra » Thu, 05 Jul 2001 10:32:33

Is there a way to have a modem disconnect after being idle so many minutes?
I thought I saw this option somewhere somewhere?

Thanks,

Jeff

Is there a way to have modem disconnect when idle?

Post by Jacques E. Boucha » Thu, 05 Jul 2001 10:36:45

Quote:> Is there a way to have a modem disconnect after being idle so many
> minutes? I thought I saw this option somewhere somewhere?

        "Start\settings\network and dial-up connections". Right click on your
internet connection and select properties. Click on the "options" tab and
select "Idle time before* up".

jaybee

1. Modem will not disconnect autometically if the idle time is more than one minute

We are having ISDN Dialup to the internet. and in the
server internet connection and DDR is enabled. so all the
computers in the network are get connect to the internet
through this server.
And the Idle time befor hangup(disconnect ) is set. But
modem will not disconnect even afte the set idle time
experies. But windows 2000 is having time settings like
1 ,5,10,30....minutes. I observed that if i keep the
setting for 1 minute it will work fine i.e conection will
drop if no body is using internet for 1 minute or modem is
idle for one minute..But if i set the time for 5 minutes
or 10 minutes or 30 minutes this will not work and modem
wil be connected all the time to the internet.

can anybody help me in this problem i want to disconnect
the connection if connection is idle for 10 or 5 minutes
not 1 minutes.

thank you

regards
vincent

2. if syntax

3. want to disconnect modem when idle

4. Usenet Message Archieve - Where on the WEB ?

5. control panel/modem icon - disconnect if idle setting

6. EDO vs FastPage

7. Why am I having so much trouble with networking in W2K?

8. Follow the yellow brick road

9. I am having problem in Event Log

10. I am having problems with NET TIME /SETSNTP

11. am I the only one having problems getting of aelita's mailing lists?

12. I am having a boot problem