Office 2000 - New Office Doc/Open Office Doc

Office 2000 - New Office Doc/Open Office Doc

Post by Keith Hil » Sat, 11 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone know why a normal user (non-admin) can't execute these start
menu shortcuts.  An Office 2000 install dialog shows up like it has to
install on demand this feature and then I get error 1706.  When I run this
as admin, it works fine.
--
Keith Hill

Office 2000 - New Office Doc/Open Office Doc

Post by J. Alle » Sat, 11 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Log onto the profile that is giving you problems and insert the Office 2000 install discs.  Navigate to the CD-ROM containing Office 2000.  Hold down the shift key and right click.  Select "run as" and type in the administrator user name (usually Administrator) and the password.  The perform a 'repair'.  If you are not the admin, ask him to come by your desk and run the repair for you.

--

Go here to learn more: http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
And here to download the program: http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/download.html

  Does anyone know why a normal user (non-admin) can't execute these start
  menu shortcuts.  An Office 2000 install dialog shows up like it has to
  install on demand this feature and then I get error 1706.  When I run this
  as admin, it works fine.
  --
  Keith Hill

1. Office 2000 and Open office

I have a win2k terminal server with both office 2000 and open office
installed.
Can you configure the server on user basis to associate document to
different programs?
Some of the users have ms office 2000 licenses and wants document
associated to ms office 2000 meanwhile the users that dont have ms
office 2000 licenses should have document associated to open office
and thus prevented to start ms office 2000.

Thanks in advance.
/michael

2. How to enable bcc compiler from Jed 0.98 (DOS, Win95) ?

3. Project 2000 install after Office 2000 disables Office 2000... what gives.

4. date and time change

5. opening office docs error mess

6. Art and all that Jazz: hardly any eggs dully dine the light satellite

7. Win 2000 / Office 2000 - Just shuts down Office

8. Verifone Junior Programming Hints Summary

9. Password prompt when opening office docs

10. Can′t open office-files in office 97 on a Windows 95 net work drive?

11. Upgrade from Office 97 -> Office 2000 sr1

12. W2k + office 2000 error problem when using word office

13. Office 2000 Pro vs Office 98