auto log off after idle time

Post by TW » Sun, 03 Nov 2002 05:39:52

Is there anyway to make W2K auto log off after a certain
amount of idle time?  Also NT4?

auto log off after idle time

Post by Dick Knowle » Mon, 04 Nov 2002 01:48:46

Terry

Even if there were, would you really want to? Unsaved work would be lost,
open files might well be left corrupted.

Screen savers with passwords are the normal solution.

Dick

Quote:> Is there anyway to make W2K auto log off after a certain
> amount of idle time?  Also NT4?

1. Log Off after 10 min idle time

Hello, I have Windows 2000 Pro on a very small home peer to peer network (3
desktops). If someone does not log off the computer they were on, I would
like the computer to log off automatically. I tried setting this for 10
minutes in Security Options. I went to Control Panel > Local Security Policy
required before disconnecting session: It says: Local setting 10 minutes:
Effective setting 10 minutes: If this is the right option, nothing happens.
The computer will stay logged on to the person who last logged on no matter
how long the computer is idle. I am brand new to Windows 2000 Pro and have
went through all the manuals I bought. This was the only reference I could
find. The security options also says: if domain-level policy settings are
defined, they override local policy settings. I thought a peer to peer
network had nothing to do with a domain and that should not mean my network.
But I am too new to really know. Thanks for any help or advice with the log
off time.

Dan

2. Transputer Hardware advice

3. Can't log off users when idle time expires??

4. Direct X bad side effect?

5. Automatic Log off after idle time

6. Call me an idiot, but...

7. Auto-log off a user after 2 hours time

8. Filter POP3

9. Log Off... and Log Off Default in Windows Log On

10. Auto Disconnect/Idle Time

11. Clients auto logout after a period of idle time

12. Re : Clients auto logout after a period of idle time

13. Terminal Service Auto Kill app after x idle time