OT: Norton Ghost Question ?

Post by Th!nWh!teDüke 2oo » Sat, 04 Aug 2001 22:48:58

Can Norton Ghost be used to image "certain" folders from drives ?
Or can it only do complete drives ?

Thanks

-Dave

OT: Norton Ghost Question ?

Post by Broomema » Sat, 04 Aug 2001 22:55:49

To my knowledge, a "partition" is the smallest unit
that Ghost will recognize. You can, however, extract
individual files and/or folder from an image file using
Ghost Explorer.

Quote:> Can Norton Ghost be used to image "certain" folders from drives ?
> Or can it only do complete drives ?

> Thanks

> -Dave

OT: Norton Ghost Question ?

Post by Bob Anderso » Sat, 04 Aug 2001 23:00:05

Broomeman is correct--you cannot tell Ghost to image "certain folders."
However, there is a skip file command-line switch that  can be used to skip
certain files or directories. So, with some work, you may be able to
accomplish the same thing. Unfortunately, though, this switch can only be
used on drives with a FAT file system.

> To my knowledge, a "partition" is the smallest unit
> that Ghost will recognize. You can, however, extract
> individual files and/or folder from an image file using
> Ghost Explorer.

> > Can Norton Ghost be used to image "certain" folders from drives ?
> > Or can it only do complete drives ?

> > Thanks

> > -Dave

OT: Norton Ghost Question ?

Post by Doug Ramag » Sun, 05 Aug 2001 01:51:52

Correct. So you would need to copy/place the relevant folders on a separate
partition.
--
Doug Ramage