network not present or not started?

Post by Douglas Reit » Thu, 07 Mar 2002 18:51:13

I am having a problem with my laptop computer, for some
reason lately I can not browse the network because it
thinks that the network is not present or not started.  I
know that the network is there because I can still use my
laptop to check mail via the LAN and I can see and access
files on the laptop from other computers but when I open
My network places, and double click on Entire Network I
get the error "Unable to browse the network. The network
is not present or not started."  I have not made any
changes to the system that I know of, please help.

All computers are Windows 2000 Pro
All computers are members of "Workgroup"

Please respond by email

Douglas Reith

1. "Unable to browse network" error... network not present or not started

HELP!!
Under win2000 pro- cannot get two computers to see each
other
all hardware/drivers/protocals seem to be fine
no errors
when i click on the ENTIRE NETWORK icon in the MY NETWORK
PLACES window, that's the message i get
tried cmd window and natstat -a to see process but no port
# returned
Do I need a complete windows reinstall?
tried windows recovery but did not solve the problem.
ANYBODY?

2. clsguide Doc

3. Network not present or not started error

4. Dolly Parton on the Phone Lines

5. Network not present or not started

6. FS:(UK Only) Netra t1, E220R, E420R, Sun StorEdge A1000.

7. Network not present or not started, dial-up, Win2K

8. Syncro Express III

9. "The network is not present or not started"

10. "The network is not started or not present"

11. Network Not Present or Not Started

12. The network is not present or not started

13. Network not present or not started