Registry, name of

Post by Micha Persso » Sun, 08 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hi!
Can someone tell me what file name the registry has in win2k? And what are
the backups called?
Tia!
/Micha

Registry, name of

Post by Robert Stro » Sun, 08 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Look in %systemroot%\system32\config

For backups look in %systemroot%\repair\RegBack - the backup files get
placed here after you use NTBACKUP to do an ERD

HTH,

--
Robert Strom
MCSE/MCT/MCP+I

Quote:> Hi!
> Can someone tell me what file name the registry has in win2k? And what are
> the backups called?
> Tia!
> /Micha

Registry, name of

Post by Micha Persso » Mon, 09 Oct 2000 09:33:03

Thanks!
Got things working again...
/Micha

> Look in %systemroot%\system32\config

> For backups look in %systemroot%\repair\RegBack - the backup files get
> placed here after you use NTBACKUP to do an ERD

> HTH,

> --
> Robert Strom
> MCSE/MCT/MCP+I

> > Hi!
> > Can someone tell me what file name the registry has in win2k? And what
are
> > the backups called?
> > Tia!
> > /Micha

Registry, name of

Post by Zathra » Mon, 09 Oct 2000 10:25:16

Look in the registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\hivelist
All your registry files are listed there.