Win 2000 Pro Forgets my U.S. Robotics Sportster 33.6 PnP

Win 2000 Pro Forgets my U.S. Robotics Sportster 33.6 PnP

Post by goo » Tue, 18 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I've got a problem with the modem. When i start Win 2000 it
doesn't find my U.S. Robotics Sportster Voice 33.6 PnP, so i
uninstall and reinstall it (it's automatically found by Win like
U.S. Robotics modem sometimes and like unknown modem some
others), checking it, doesn't give me problem and i use for the
session, but if i shutdown the PC, when i start next time the
O.S. doesn't find the modem again.
Can someone help me?
Thanx, Goo

Win 2000 Pro Forgets my U.S. Robotics Sportster 33.6 PnP

Post by MK » Thu, 20 Apr 2000 04:00:00

This is the sad beauty with Plug n' Pray...
You must have your modem turned on when you boot W2K without it turned on,
W2K will not find it.
I hate this 'Microsoft Feature' too.

Quote:> I've got a problem with the modem. When i start Win 2000 it
> doesn't find my U.S. Robotics Sportster Voice 33.6 PnP, so i
> uninstall and reinstall it (it's automatically found by Win like
> U.S. Robotics modem sometimes and like unknown modem some
> others), checking it, doesn't give me problem and i use for the
> session, but if i shutdown the PC, when i start next time the
> O.S. doesn't find the modem again.
> Can someone help me?
> Thanx, Goo

*

Win 2000 Pro Forgets my U.S. Robotics Sportster 33.6 PnP

Post by Georgios Agatho » Thu, 20 Apr 2000 04:00:00

We have the same problem. Till now I've noticed this problem, when deleting
a couple of text files in my windows directory (ModemLog_Sportster Voice
33.6 PnP.txt, modemdet.txt). So, I've stopped deleting these files.
Then I've noticed this problem when, in a few cases, two modem leds were lit
upon logging in W2K (I don't know why this thing was happening).
At this time only 1 out of 5 times I am trying to use my modem, the modem
disappears. Who knows after all? Probably it is a driver issue. If anything
else comes to light I'll let you know.

George

Win 2000 Pro Forgets my U.S. Robotics Sportster 33.6 PnP

Post by Daz » Mon, 24 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> This is the sad beauty with Plug n' Pray...
> You must have your modem turned on when you boot W2K without it turned on,
> W2K will not find it.
> I hate this 'Microsoft Feature' too.

Rather than reboot I've got win2k to search for the modem using the add new
hardware wizard. Strange how win2k will auto detect my Umax 1220U USB
scanner when I turn it on, but the modem is ignored. Guess it must be a com
port thing.

Daz

1. U.S. Robotics 33.6 fax modem speaker volume

I've tried a couple of different drivers for this external modem and they
work fine, but neither one will let me turn off the speaker volume.  In both
cases I set it to off but still got sound when dialing.

The two drivers I tried are:

    Sportster 28800-33600 External
    Sportster 33600 Fax PC

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Bill

2. Flashrom

3. Intermittent Trouble---U.S. Robotics 56K Voice INT PnP

4. DPFSP modem?

5. US Robotics Sportster Winmodem 56k

6. Logical Disk / Primary Partition problem

7. US Robotics Sportster 128 drivers for WIN2000

8. Problem with Brother HL-820

9. US Robotics Sportster 128 Drivers

10. 3COM U.S. Robotics 56K Voice FaxModem Pro (USB) and W2K -- Working

11. Cannot Use U.S. Robotics 56K voice Faxmodem USB in Windows 2000

12. USR 33.6 Fax Int PnP and SP2

13. US Robotics External 56k Voice Modem & Win 2000