w2k doesn't see my old Cdr writer...

Post by Asle Skaug » Sat, 07 Apr 2001 22:29:31

....but the computer bios and win98 do! (dual boot system) Anyone got any
input on that?

The philips recorder is slave on IDE 2 , the CDROM is master. Is there a
particular problem concerning this particular writer and w2k??

Asle

w2k doesn't see my old Cdr writer...

Post by Bill and Shanno » Sun, 08 Apr 2001 04:38:38

Is it on the HCL?

Quote:> ....but the computer bios and win98 do! (dual boot system) Anyone got any
> input on that?

> The philips recorder is slave on IDE 2 , the CDROM is master. Is there a
> particular problem concerning this particular writer and w2k??

> Asle

w2k doesn't see my old Cdr writer...

Post by Asle Skaug » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 16:56:39

Yes it is.....

> Is it on the HCL?

> > ....but the computer bios and win98 do! (dual boot system) Anyone got
any
> > input on that?

> > The philips recorder is slave on IDE 2 , the CDROM is master. Is there a
> > particular problem concerning this particular writer and w2k??

> > Asle

w2k doesn't see my old Cdr writer...

Post by Stuar » Wed, 25 Apr 2001 00:03:59

Have you installed WMP7 recently?

--
Stuart
[just don't bother emailing me - OK]

> Yes it is.....

> > Is it on the HCL?

> > > ....but the computer bios and win98 do! (dual boot system) Anyone got
> any
> > > input on that?

> > > The philips recorder is slave on IDE 2 , the CDROM is master. Is there
> > > particular problem concerning this particular writer and w2k??

> > > Asle

1. CDR not seen by W2K

I have a Yamaha CRW4416S that I am trying to install on W2K SP1
The SCSI controller seems to be installed fine (the Tape drive and another
CDROM are workig fine) and the CDR is detected on bootup on SCSI ID 3.
When I go into Windows I cannot see the drive.

I downloaded the Firmware update for W2K from Yamaha's site as recommended
by MS, but am unable to install it as it has an error "ASPI load error" when
trying to run it, presumably as I do not have ASPI installed.

My question is I am sure a naive one, but how do I install this so I can
upgrade it and see my CDROM?  I assumed that W2K would detect the new
hardware and install what it needed.

Thanks for any help

Saira

2. Interesting ADB behaviour on C650

3. Win2k, new CPU/MB/scsiCtrlr, now old scsi disk won't boot, seen as removable

4. HP 720C vs HP 722C vs HP 890Cse

5. Windows doesn't see my CDR!

6. View Granted User Privileges in SQLPLUS?

7. AOpen DRW4624 Comby CDR/DVD Drive doesn't work - Help!

8. Spooler, spooler, where are you ?

9. HP CD-Writer doesn't want to boot anymore :(

10. Seeing W2k servers and workstations from NT 'side'

11. Win98SP1 - Networking - X sees Y but Y doesn't see X

12. Upgrade from Win98SE doesn't pick up old applications

13. New system won't see old w2k HD's