chinese input problems

Post by kent suare » Thu, 18 Jul 2002 13:01:46

Hi, can anyone direct me to the appropriate newsgroup or
FAQ or tech support person for Chinese input methods? I've
been searching all day and am I'm becoming incredibly
frustrated with Microsoft...

Specifically, does anyone know how to input the
umlauted 'u' in the Chinese pinyin input method in order
to get the character nu (nyu) for 'woman', as opposed to
the character nu for 'anger'?

And does anyone know how to toggle between traditional and
simplified characters? I can only get the former to work.

Thanks!

chinese input problems

Post by Chen wenxia » Thu, 18 Jul 2002 17:20:21

Are you using w2k english version, or Chinese version.

In English version, you have to modify regional options in control pannel,
setup Your lcale is Chinese(PRC) or Chinese(TW), then setup w2k Language
settings for the system.

Also set system default to China(PRC), after these steps, setup Input
Locales, add chinese input.

About, woman, use nv intead of nu.

Regards,

Chen wenxian

Quote:> Hi, can anyone direct me to the appropriate newsgroup or