Event ID 64 Win32time warning and Event ID 62 Win32time Error

Post by Chris Cerrit » Wed, 18 Apr 2001 23:35:11

Hello,

Event ID 64 Win32time warning and Event ID 62 Win32time Error

Has anyone seen this problem and know how to correct this?

Here is the event log

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: w32time
Event Category: None
Event ID: 64
Date:  4/17/2001
Time:  3:16:07 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: SERVER
Because of repeated network problems, the time service has not been able to
find a domain controller to synchronize with for a long time. To reduce
network traffic, the time service will wait 960 minutes before trying again.
No synchronization will take place during this interval, even if network
connectivity is restored. Accumulated time errors may cause certain network
operations to fail. To tell the time service that network connectivity has
been restored and that it should resynchronize, execute "w32tm /s" from the
command line.
Data:
0000: e5 03 00 00               ?...

Event Type: Error
Event Source: w32time
Event Category: None
Event ID: 62
Date:  4/17/2001
Time:  3:16:07 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: SERVER
This Machine is a PDC of the domain at the root of the forest. Configure to
sync from External time source using the net command,  'net time
/setsntp:<server name>'.
Data:
0000: e5 03 00 00               ?...

--
Chris Cerrito

Event ID 64 Win32time warning and Event ID 62 Win32time Error

Post by MLL » Thu, 19 Apr 2001 01:14:07

I don't know if this will help or not, but try this KB article:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q223/1/84.asp

Quote:> Hello,

Post by Chris Cerrit » Thu, 19 Apr 2001 02:21:43

--
Chris Cerrito
Precision Electronics, Inc.

> I don't know if this will help or not, but try this KB article:

> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q223/1/84.asp

> > Hello,

> > Event ID 64 Win32time warning and Event ID 62 Win32time Error

> > Has anyone seen this problem and know how to correct this?

> > Here is the event log

> > Event Type: Warning
> > Event Source: w32time
> > Event Category: None
> > Event ID: 64
> > Date:  4/17/2001
> > Time:  3:16:07 AM
> > User:  N/A
> > Computer: SERVER
> > Because of repeated network problems, the time service has not been able
> > find a domain controller to synchronize with for a long time. To reduce
> > network traffic, the time service will wait 960 minutes before trying
> again.
> > No synchronization will take place during this interval, even if network
> > connectivity is restored. Accumulated time errors may cause certain
> network
> > operations to fail. To tell the time service that network connectivity
has
> > been restored and that it should resynchronize, execute "w32tm /s" from
> the
> > command line.
> > Data:
> > 0000: e5 03 00 00               ?...

> > Event Type: Error
> > Event Source: w32time
> > Event Category: None
> > Event ID: 62
> > Date:  4/17/2001
> > Time:  3:16:07 AM
> > User:  N/A
> > Computer: SERVER
> > This Machine is a PDC of the domain at the root of the forest. Configure
> > sync from External time source using the net command,  'net time
> > /setsntp:<server name>'.
> > Data:
> > 0000: e5 03 00 00               ?...

> > --
> > Chris Cerrito

1. event source w32time event id 62 & 64

I have a 2K server as the root of my forest. It is the
only 2K system. All of my other servers are NT4 and so are
my workstations.

The server keeps logging the event id 62 & 64's. Basically
it is trying to resynchronize with something and it is
failing. I reviewed Q258059 from Microsoft. It was close
but not quite what I was looking for. Do I need to have
the server going out there to do a synch? Also if I do,
how can I go about correcting the issue since this is the
PDC and not just added to an NT4 network where an NT4
server is the PDC?

FYI: I think whenever it's trying to do a synch it is
killing my network. What I mean by that is my network is
going down at 4:45 almost every single day and magically
comes back on at 10:00. Weird, but I think it is related
to the time synch issue.

Many thanks in advance.

2. C32 for Dos/Win v2.12 install problems (lan drvrs)

3. w32time event id 62 & 64

4. Machine code for unofficial instructions

5. Warning in Event Viewer about Netlogon Event ID: 5782 and about DHCP service Event ID: 1002

6. PC Anywhere on SBS

7. Event ID 1000 Userenv Error and Event ID 1202 SceCli Warning

8. HOW CAN YOU STOP TEAMWORK?

9. Event ID 62 in System Event Log

10. w32time Warning Event ID 54 and 64

11. w32Time ID 62 & 64

12. event viewer, error: event id 1000, event id 1202, but with return value (5)