Deleting Service Pack/Hotfix Uninstall Folders

Deleting Service Pack/Hotfix Uninstall Folders

Post by Ahmed Mesba » Fri, 05 Apr 2002 20:34:06

My C:\WINNT folder has a lot of compressed folders containing the files
needed to uninstall the different service packs, hotfixes and security
roll-ups. In total, they're taking up over 120 MB. Can I safely delete
these folders in Windows Explorer (or is there another way of removing
them)? I have no intention of uninstalling any of the service packs or
hotfixes. Is there any harm in deleting them?

Thanks in advance.

Ahmed

Deleting Service Pack/Hotfix Uninstall Folders

Post by Marcus Gowe » Fri, 05 Apr 2002 20:40:53

In the past I have just deleted them and everything seems to have kept going
ok!
Good Luck!
Marcus

Quote:> My C:\WINNT folder has a lot of compressed folders containing the files
> needed to uninstall the different service packs, hotfixes and security
> roll-ups. In total, they're taking up over 120 MB. Can I safely delete
> these folders in Windows Explorer (or is there another way of removing
> them)? I have no intention of uninstalling any of the service packs or
> hotfixes. Is there any harm in deleting them?

> Thanks in advance.

> Ahmed

Deleting Service Pack/Hotfix Uninstall Folders

Post by Ahmed Mesba » Fri, 05 Apr 2002 20:57:11

Thanks!

I also found this article right after posting:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q290402

Ahmed

1. How to properly delete archived service pack uninstall folder??

Hi,
I'd like to know how to get rid of the archived service pack uninstall?  The
only thing I can think of is to manually delete the $NtServicePackUninstall$
folder under %systemroot%\, then delete the uninstall entry under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall.  Can
anyone please verify if this is correct?

thank you

2. Dynamically changing a DW

3. Service Pack 3: Delete the "Uninstall" Folder to Free Up Space?

4. API to DNS IP

5. Can I delete the Service Pack Files folder

6. New on TAMW: Brainwaves and Notator

7. Delete hotfix uninstall files-bad?

8. Direct Client Requirement -- Senior .Net Programmer/Analyst --- TN (Face to Face Required)

9. Post Windows 2000 Service Pack 2 hotfixes

10. Service Pack / Hotfix software

11. How to make W2K boot CD with Service Packs & Hotfixes

12. Hotfix to service pack

13. finding Windows 2000 Post-Service Pack 3 COM+ Hotfix Rollup Package 22