windows 2000 file extension problem

Post by bren » Sun, 05 Jan 2003 00:01:21

i have encountered an error with windows 2000. after
creating a .txt file i am required to remove the file
extension for business purposes. once i remove the ".txt"
the date modified changes to 4/22/09. the presents a
problem due to the fact that the company im sending these
files to time stamps the documents occording to that date.
if anyone has seen or knows a solution for this problem
your help would be greatly appriciated.

thanks,
brent

windows 2000 file extension problem

Post by Dan Lovinger [MS » Sun, 05 Jan 2003 07:55:43

What are you doing to remove the extension? What are you using to look at
the date, and what is the date prior to your attempt? If via dir in a
command window, cut/paste the results before and after the rename. If not
with dir, use dir and see if it agrees with your previous method.

Also, execute the following in a command window and cut/paste the results:

    time /t && date /t

I know this is obvious, but bear with me.

Quote:> i have encountered an error with windows 2000. after
> creating a .txt file i am required to remove the file
> extension for business purposes. once i remove the ".txt"
> the date modified changes to 4/22/09. the presents a
> problem due to the fact that the company im sending these
> files to time stamps the documents occording to that date.
> if anyone has seen or knows a solution for this problem
> your help would be greatly appriciated.

> thanks,
> brent

1. windows 2000 file extension problem

i have encountered an error with windows 2000. after
creating a .txt file i am required to remove the file
extension for business purposes. once i remove the ".txt"
the date modified changes to 4/22/09. the presents a
problem due to the fact that the company im sending these
files to time stamps the documents occording to that date.
if anyone has seen or knows a solution for this problem
your help would be greatly appriciated.

thanks,
brent

2. Outlook 97 mail and Palm

3. windows 2000 file extension problem..

4. Will SAS/C resume developing?

5. windows 2000 file extension problem

6. MacTerminal, Megamax, MacWrite, ad nauseam incompatibilities

7. Windows Explorer doesn't display file extensions for unregistered file types

8. WLAN sniffer software

9. file extension problem - dcan't open file.

10. in Outlook 2000, what is extension of inbox file?

11. WIndows 2000 Problem: Windows File Protection

12. jpgs - VBScript Script Files - File extensions altered, cannot open files

13. HELP - Why is my file system tagging files with the wrong file extension?