win2k pro takes 20-30 min to logon to network

win2k pro takes 20-30 min to logon to network

Post by kch.. » Thu, 14 Dec 2000 11:30:24

It takes about 20-30 min. for any of our win2k pro workstations to
login to the network. If I wait long enough it will login. If I
disconnect the network cable it will boot in the usuall time.

thanks
kent

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

win2k pro takes 20-30 min to logon to network

Post by Alexander G. Paol » Thu, 14 Dec 2000 13:08:42

Sounds suspiciously like a DNS issue. The NetLogon redirector is not finding
information about your domain and will finally fall back to Netbios sub-set
(NTLM). Every different request it makes it will try both ways, so thus the
delay.

I would verify your AD DNS is correctly set up and functioning. From a 30
minute logon workstation run

netdiag /debug /v  > c:\workstation.log and observe its output. It details a
lot of information that can help you diagnose this.

Good Luck,

--
Alexander G. Paoli
VP Technology, Senior Network Architect

> It takes about 20-30 min. for any of our win2k pro workstations to
> login to the network. If I wait long enough it will login. If I
> disconnect the network cable it will boot in the usuall time.

> thanks
> kent

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

1. win2k seems to die after 20-30 mins of non-use on network

Help.. I have been playing again and seem to of really screwed up my
system. Seems now that no matter what I do my system will stop talking
to the cable modem after somewhere between 20-30 mins. I have
uninst6alled Zonealarm, the nic itself the drivers etc. Seems that it
I am usin ght einternet all is well but if I like it and come back I
have to disable the nic then right away re-enable and all is well,, a
reboot also works. Someone said it could be the zonealarm has messed
with the "internetl lock" even though it now has been completly
remove.
Any ideas>>>

thanks

2. 50 line dosbox from visualc 5.0

3. 20 to 30 min. to load win98

4. iostream.h missing ?

5. logon takes 30 mins (using roaming)

6. Inline IF condition

7. login from Win2000 Pro onto 2000Server takes 20 mins.

8. Error in appl.log

9. Problem with System 'Hanging' for 20-30 seconds.

10. Loose connection every 20-30 minutes

11. System taking 30 mins to boot

12. System taking 30 mins to boot View:

13. when install(setup.exe)it takes 30 min. when the application reacts