ZIP 100 Parallel

Post by Thomas B. Slinkar » Sat, 26 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Have you enabled "legacy Plug 'n' Play Detection" under the parallel port in
Device Manager, yet?

--
Thomas B. Slinkard

Quote:> I cant seem to get my Zip 100 Parallel to be recognized by windows 2000.
> installed the new software from Iomega's site and even some little batch
> file for the zip drive from microsofts site.  Anyone figure this one out
> yet?

ZIP 100 Parallel

Post by Ryan Hapsha » Sat, 26 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I cant seem to get my Zip 100 Parallel to be recognized by windows 2000.  I
installed the new software from Iomega's site and even some little batch
file for the zip drive from microsofts site.  Anyone figure this one out
yet?

ZIP 100 Parallel

Post by Ryan Hapsha » Sat, 26 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Well where is that I couldnt find "legacy Plug 'n' Play Detection"

> Nope going to try that now

> > Have you enabled "legacy Plug 'n' Play Detection" under the parallel
port
> in
> > Device Manager, yet?

> > --
> > Thomas B. Slinkard

> > > I cant seem to get my Zip 100 Parallel to be recognized by windows
2000.
> > > installed the new software from Iomega's site and even some little
batch
> > > file for the zip drive from microsofts site.  Anyone figure this one
out
> > > yet?

ZIP 100 Parallel

Post by Ryan Hapsha » Sat, 26 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Nope going to try that now

> Have you enabled "legacy Plug 'n' Play Detection" under the parallel port
in
> Device Manager, yet?

> --
> Thomas B. Slinkard

> > I cant seem to get my Zip 100 Parallel to be recognized by windows 2000.
> > installed the new software from Iomega's site and even some little batch
> > file for the zip drive from microsofts site.  Anyone figure this one out
> > yet?

ZIP 100 Parallel

Post by Thomas B. Slinkar » Sat, 26 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Double-click Parallel port=>Port Settings

--
Thomas B. Slinkard

> Well where is that I couldnt find "legacy Plug 'n' Play Detection"

> > Nope going to try that now

> > > Have you enabled "legacy Plug 'n' Play Detection" under the parallel
> port
> > in
> > > Device Manager, yet?

> > > --
> > > Thomas B. Slinkard

> 2000.
> batch
> out

ZIP 100 Parallel

Post by Ryan Hapsha » Sun, 27 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I dont even see that in my system

> Double-click Parallel port=>Port Settings

> --
> Thomas B. Slinkard

> > Well where is that I couldnt find "legacy Plug 'n' Play Detection"

> > > Nope going to try that now

> > port
> > > in

> > 2000.
> > batch
> > out

ZIP 100 Parallel

Post by Bart Robinso » Sun, 27 Feb 2000 04:00:00

D-click PRINTER port in d-man.

> I dont even see that in my system

> > Double-click Parallel port=>Port Settings

> > --
> > Thomas B. Slinkard

> > > Well where is that I couldnt find "legacy Plug 'n' Play Detection"

> > > port

> > > 2000.
> > > batch
> one
> > > out

ZIP 100 Parallel

Post by Ferdi » Sun, 27 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I found it and tried it.  Then I reinstalled the Iomega drivers and the
Microsoft Iomega update.

BSOD

STOP: 0x0000007B (0xEF01F84C, C0000034, 00000000, 00000000)
INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Safe Mode shows that the last driver to load is ACPI.SYS.

I tried disabling the parallel port in BIOS, but that didn't help.  I know
the system partition works because I can boot to W98 and W2000S.

Advice?

Thanks,
Ferdie

> I dont even see that in my system

> > Double-click Parallel port=>Port Settings

> > --
> > Thomas B. Slinkard

> > > Well where is that I couldnt find "legacy Plug 'n' Play Detection"

> > > port

> > > 2000.
> > > batch
> one
> > > out

ZIP 100 Parallel

Post by Bart Robinso » Sun, 27 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Do you mean re-installed the drivers from the Iomega CD?
THAT'S a no-no....2k has builtin drivers.

> I found it and tried it.  Then I reinstalled the Iomega drivers and the
> Microsoft Iomega update.

> BSOD

> STOP: 0x0000007B (0xEF01F84C, C0000034, 00000000, 00000000)
> INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

> Safe Mode shows that the last driver to load is ACPI.SYS.

> I tried disabling the parallel port in BIOS, but that didn't help.  I know
> the system partition works because I can boot to W98 and W2000S.

> Advice?

> Thanks,
> Ferdie

> > I dont even see that in my system

> > > Double-click Parallel port=>Port Settings

> > > --
> > > Thomas B. Slinkard

> parallel

> windows
> little
> > one

ZIP 100 Parallel

Post by Ferdi » Sun, 27 Feb 2000 04:00:00

How big of a No-No is it?  I've disabled all Iomega services.  I've tried
the Last Known Good configuration.  I've tried a Repair.  It still fails on
the ACPI.SYS driver evein in Safe Mode.

I just don't see how a driver for a Zip drive could cause an error so bad
that I would need to reinstall.

> Do you mean re-installed the drivers from the Iomega CD?
> THAT'S a no-no....2k has builtin drivers.

> > I found it and tried it.  Then I reinstalled the Iomega drivers and the
> > Microsoft Iomega update.

> > BSOD

> > STOP: 0x0000007B (0xEF01F84C, C0000034, 00000000, 00000000)
> > INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

> > Safe Mode shows that the last driver to load is ACPI.SYS.

> > I tried disabling the parallel port in BIOS, but that didn't help.  I
know
> > the system partition works because I can boot to W98 and W2000S.

> > Advice?

> > Thanks,
> > Ferdie

> > > I dont even see that in my system

> > parallel

> > windows
> > little
> > > one

ZIP 100 Parallel

Post by Bart Robinso » Sun, 27 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Iomega warned of installing the software for that very reason...I would suggest re-installing 2k over the top of itsself...you will
not lose any of your settings...you can also try REPAIR after u boot the cd too...if that don't work reboot the cd and re-install.

> How big of a No-No is it?  I've disabled all Iomega services.  I've tried
> the Last Known Good configuration.  I've tried a Repair.  It still fails on
> the ACPI.SYS driver evein in Safe Mode.

> I just don't see how a driver for a Zip drive could cause an error so bad
> that I would need to reinstall.

> > Do you mean re-installed the drivers from the Iomega CD?
> > THAT'S a no-no....2k has builtin drivers.

> > > I found it and tried it.  Then I reinstalled the Iomega drivers and the
> > > Microsoft Iomega update.

> > > BSOD

> > > STOP: 0x0000007B (0xEF01F84C, C0000034, 00000000, 00000000)
> > > INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

> > > Safe Mode shows that the last driver to load is ACPI.SYS.

> > > I tried disabling the parallel port in BIOS, but that didn't help.  I
> know
> > > the system partition works because I can boot to W98 and W2000S.

> > > Advice?

> > > Thanks,
> > > Ferdie

> > > parallel

> > > windows
> > > little
> this

ZIP 100 Parallel

ZIP 100 Paralle work okay here on Win 2000.