Add and remove programs icon doesn't work

Add and remove programs icon doesn't work

Post by JMB » Sat, 19 May 2001 06:28:46

I would like to uninstall a program and after entering the control panel and
clicking on Add/Remove Programs, nothing happens.  Any ideas?  Is there an
executable that I might be able to run from the command prompt?

Post by Jerold Schulma » Sat, 19 May 2001 19:26:09

>I would like to uninstall a program and after entering the control panel and
>clicking on Add/Remove Programs, nothing happens.  Any ideas?  Is there an
>executable that I might be able to run from the command prompt?

Try tip 2764 in the 'NT Reg Hacks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

Jerold Schulman / MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

Add and remove programs icon doesn't work

Post by Jerry Ive » Thu, 24 May 2001 03:44:52

I had this same problem after installing IE 5.5. The solution
was to reinstall IE 5.5. There is a KnowledgeBase article
which describes this problem and solution - Q265829.