URGENT: Need "Hide Control Panel" reg (as used in TweakUI)

URGENT: Need "Hide Control Panel" reg (as used in TweakUI)

Post by Belmi » Tue, 07 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I put hide Control Panel from the StartMenu:Settings menu in TweakUI. Now
I'm getting messages like "The operation has been cancelled due to
restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system
administrator" when I try to access most things in the control panel even
though I am the admin. So I want to know where the reg is to unhide the
control panel from the StartMenu:Settings menu and I think that should fix
the problems? If you could help pleaseeeeeeeeeee reply. And please if you
could email me that you replied or just reply by email too. Thanks in
advance,

Belmin

URGENT: Need "Hide Control Panel" reg (as used in TweakUI)

Post by Stu » Wed, 08 Mar 2000 04:00:00

These are reg entries I put together for NT4 Wkstn and I have not checked
them all against W2k.  The entry NoSetFolders will restrict access to
control panel under win2k though.  Try checking for this entry and assigning
a value of 0.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explor
er]
"NoFavoritesMenu"=dword:1
"NoFind"=dword:1
"NoFolderOptions"=dword:1
"NoNetHood"=dword:1
"NoRun"=dword:1
"NoSetActiveDesktop"=dword:1
"NoSetFolders"=dword:1
"NoSetTaskbar"=dword:1
"NoTrayContextMenu"=dword:1

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
]
"DisableRegistryTools"=dword:1
"DisableLockWorkstation"=dword:1
"EnableProfileQuota"=dword:1
"MaxProfileSize"=dword:BB8
"NoDispAppearancePage"=dword:1
"NoDispBackgroundPage"=dword:1
"NoDispScrSavPage"=dword:1
"NoDispSettingsPage"=dword:1
"ProfileQuotaMessage"="Your profile is too large - Please remove files from
you profile or desktop.  Call IT for assistance"
"WarnUserTimeout"=dword:1

URGENT: Need "Hide Control Panel" reg (as used in TweakUI)

Post by M. Spyridaki » Wed, 08 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I don't have win2000 under my fingers right now but check for a
<windir>\control.ini file with a

[don't load] section

Good Luck,
Max
Research your problem with DejaNews
Keyword search across many newsgroups
http://www.deja.com/home_ps.shtml

> I put hide Control Panel from the StartMenu:Settings menu in TweakUI. Now
> I'm getting messages like "The operation has been cancelled due to
> restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system
> administrator" when I try to access most things in the control panel even
> though I am the admin. So I want to know where the reg is to unhide the
> control panel from the StartMenu:Settings menu and I think that should fix
> the problems? If you could help pleaseeeeeeeeeee reply. And please if you
> could email me that you replied or just reply by email too. Thanks in
> advance,

> Belmin

***