1. Please Help: Modified User/Log-in Name
Please excuse the cross-post, but I really need help on this one, and I'm
not sure which would be the best place for it.
I have a Windows2000 Professional system which was running fine until
yesterday, then all of a sudden I couldn't log into my account name (or at
least not what it was before). Basically, here's the info:
Computer Name: WRKSTN01
Log-in Name: turnbuld
Yesterday I attemped to change my log-in name, so I went into Administrative
Tools, Computer Management, then changed the username. No problem so far.
I then realised in my 'Documents and Settings\Users\' directory was still
named the old username, so I changed it. After looking into it, I believe
this to be my problem. Now, whenever I attempt to log-in, it does in fact
log me in, but into the account 'turnbuld.WRKSTN01' instead of just
'turnbuld'. Windows created the new username by itself, and it does not
contain any of the documents or settings of the original account.
Please, if you have ANY idea what I can do to fix this, I would be eternally
grateful (well, at least for a long, long time). I can't get into any of my
emails or files! (I'm using a different machine to sent this, obviously).
Thanks in Advance to all you wonderful people (this is me sucking up....)
2. Serverside XMLHttpRequest multiple transactions?
3. Win98SE, merge named user back into one/default/no-name (no users), How?
4. Format of header
5. cannot view, add & modify users and computers in A D users & services
6. Looking for 21061L EZ-Kit
7. subClassOf: user or modify user class
8. Visit Amiga-Hacks @ Onelist.com
9. Modifying user login hours for all users
10. modifying key in user's HKey_Current User
11. modify default.htm to be same server name always
12. modify (default) or <no name> registry entries via adm file
13. All file icons are modified after attributes are modified