two tcp/ip settings

Post by Anthony Fde » Wed, 29 Aug 2001 14:10:08

I have a notebook with Windows 2000 Professional installed.  I need
to connect to several LANs with different TCP/IP Settings through the
same network adapter.   How can I enable several LAN connections or
TCP/IP Settings, without have to change TCP/IP settings each time.

Thanks,

Anthony.

two tcp/ip settings

Post by Steve Winogra » Wed, 29 Aug 2001 15:24:18

>I have a notebook with Windows 2000 Professional installed.  I need
>to connect to several LANs with different TCP/IP Settings through the
>same network adapter.   How can I enable several LAN connections or
>TCP/IP Settings, without have to change TCP/IP settings each time.

>Thanks,

>Anthony.

This program lets you define and store multiple network configurations
and switch between them easily:

   http://www.netswitcher.com

Before you shut the computer down, run the program to set up the
network for the next place you'll use it.  Then it will come up with
everything ready to go.
--
Best Wishes,
Steve Winograd, MS-MVP (Desktop Systems)

Sorry, but I don't give technical support by E-mail.
Please post all questions in the news group.

Steve Winograd's Networking FAQ
http://www.sohointer.net/winograd/faq.htm

MVPs are volunteers, not Microsoft employees.  See
http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp for details.

The opinions expressed here are my own.  They are not
endorsed or controlled by Microsoft or anyone else.

two tcp/ip settings

Post by Erik Rozma » Thu, 30 Aug 2001 04:08:40

Hi,

You could create two small batch file using NETSH to reconfigure your IP address at each location.

Create a text file as follows:
netsh
interface
ip
set address local static 10.0.0.9 255.0.0.0 10.0.0.1 1
set dns "Local Area Connection" static 10.0.0.1

Call it LOC1.TXT .

Create a batch file such as LOC1.CMD:
nesth -f  loc1.txt

Now create a new text file for your second location called LOC2.TXT and a second batch file called LOC2.CMD
that runs LOC2.TXT as a script file...

When at location one simply run LOC1.CMD amd when at the second location run LOC2.CMD.

Good luck,
Erik.

> I have a notebook with Windows 2000 Professional installed.  I need
> to connect to several LANs with different TCP/IP Settings through the
> same network adapter.   How can I enable several LAN connections or
> TCP/IP Settings, without have to change TCP/IP settings each time.

> Thanks,

> Anthony.

two tcp/ip settings

Post by Mike Carne » Thu, 30 Aug 2001 03:27:59

If you do not have to have multiple gateways just add the different ip
address schemes to the same NIC.  This will let you ineroperate between
networks without rebooting.  The gateways will be the problem since you
should only have one per machine.

Quote:> I have a notebook with Windows 2000 Professional installed.  I need
> to connect to several LANs with different TCP/IP Settings through the
> same network adapter.   How can I enable several LAN connections or
> TCP/IP Settings, without have to change TCP/IP settings each time.

> Thanks,

> Anthony.

1. Network Adapter With Two Different TCP/IP Settings

Hi there.

I have a laptop computer that I use both at work and at home.  At work, I
connect to the network using DHCP, and at home I have DSL with a static IP
and different DNS settings.  Is there anyway I can configure my network card
with two different TCP/IP settings so I don't have to keep entering the
different info everytime I come home?

Thanks.

2. How to make a Docklet?

3. Statically-Entered TCP/IP Settings changed to Obtain IP address auto

4. Exploded asm

5. Does Netbios over TCP/IP resolve tcp/ip names?

6. Change license setup

7. Half-life +Win2K SP1 = No TCP/IP Found, Disabling TCP/IP

8. WANTED: Standard A2000

9. Two different TCP/IP configurations

10. installing a second tcp/ip protocol

11. Two different TCP/IP configuration...

12. Networking TCP/IP Issue : SECOND POST

13. can two NIC on 1 PC use both TCP/IP