Format hard drive for win 2k

Post by pb-b » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 11:27:27

Is there an article out there on Microsoft that will walk
me throuh the steps to clean my hard drive repartion and
install Win 2k  (Clean install)?

Format hard drive for win 2k

Post by Clay Calver » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 13:02:07

Quote:>Is there an article out there on Microsoft that will walk
>me throuh the steps to clean my hard drive repartion and
>install Win 2k  (Clean install)?

If you boot from the Win2K CD you will get prompted to repartition
your hard drive and then you can do a clean install.

Clay Calvert

Replace "W" with "L"

1. Win 2k Pro Format a added 2nd hard drive

Windows 2000 Pro.

I am logged on as Administrator.

I want to add a second hard drive but I am having problems
formatting it.

I am haveing problems formatting my second added drive
with Win 2k SP3, when I select format the drive it shows
the capacity as "Unknown", it goes throught the format and
comes up with a message "Format failed"!!!

If I format it with Win 2k Pro with no service packs it
format all OK and shows the capacity as 20 gig which it is.

The problem is that if I then install Service pack 3 I get
the message saying it is not formatted!

Any ideas?

Walter

2. Wizardry 4 problems.

3. Install of Win 2k over Win ME messed up my hard drive

4. Dreaded battery lead problem on 3c

5. Formatting Hard Drive with Win 2000 Professional

6. A: One way to transfer cartridges and tapes to disk

7. Windows 2000 won't install to a freshly formatted Hard Drive..help!!

8. Objective-C in CW Professional

9. Windows 2000 won't format 100GB hard drive

10. win 2000 server format hard drive?

11. Format hard drive takes longer under Win 2000

12. Installing Win 98 after formatting hard drive.

13. Win 2K Pro, Win 2K Server, and Win 2K Advanced Server