Windows Explorer Failures

Post by Bill » Sun, 11 Nov 2001 08:27:44

When I try to do a cut or copy and paste in Windows Explorer, the program
cycles for a minute or so, then closes, and closes some of the apps in the
taskbar.

How can I correct this?

If it means reinstalling or repairing Windows Explorer, How do I do that?

I'm running Windows 2000 Server, 5.00.2195 Service Pack 2

Windows Explorer Failures

Post by Jason Phillip » Mon, 12 Nov 2001 12:48:40

To repair Win2K, run the WINNT installer on the original
Windows disk and when prompted ask the installer to repair
an existing installation.

Whether or not that will solve your problem is guesswork.
Try running CHKDSK from a command prompt to see if the
drive/folders/files are damaged/corrupt.  (You may need to
schedule CHKDSK to run on next startup if it cannot get
exclusive access to the drive, but you'll be prompted if
so...)

If the fault lies only with the Explorer executable, you
could try copying the Explorer.exe from another, healthy
machine....

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>When I try to do a cut or copy and paste in Windows

Explorer, the program
Quote:>cycles for a minute or so, then closes, and closes some
of the apps in the