can't "run this command" from "performance logs and alerts"

can't "run this command" from "performance logs and alerts"

Post by Tim » Wed, 24 Jul 2002 02:18:44

In the performance logs and alerts, application, if I set
up an alert, I can successfully utilize the "run this
command" feature.  But if I just set up a "counter log"
job, the "run this command" feature (on the schedule tab)
doesn't seem to work.  I wonder if anyone else has gotten
this to work?  My command is just a simple job to echo a
word to a file.  The Performance logs and alerts service
is running under my id, and I have admin authority on the
machine.

can't "run this command" from "performance logs and alerts"

Post by Tim » Wed, 24 Jul 2002 03:55:23

Update:  I was running the PLandA service as my id.  To
test, I changed it to the system account, and it worked.
But don't know why it will not work running under a non-
system account.  Sounds like user rights, but I couldn't
find one that looked like it was causing the problem.  I
don't get any indication from the event log.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----