Why does Win2K keep asking me for Office install cd's?

Why does Win2K keep asking me for Office install cd's?

Post by Elhazza » Fri, 06 Jul 2001 04:16:33

Hi all,

I just bought an IBM T20 with Win2000.  I'm a Win 2000 newbie but I needed
it b/c my grad school insists on Win2000.  Anyways, I loaded Office 2000.
Then I went and got the Win 2000 SR-2 update.  Everything seemed OK.  Later,
I tried to do a 'search file or folder' and the 'Please install
Office...etc..' window came up. If I hit cancel a few times it eventually
goes away.  But this problem kept on coming up when I selected 'search file
or folder' from the Start menu.  So I reinstalled Office, got the Office SR-
1 update from MSFT and every possible update I might need.  The problem went
away but today it came up out of the blue again, but this time asking for
'Please install Office SR-1 update...'  Again, hit cancel a few times and
it's gone and I haven't seen it again yet, but does anyone know what is
going on?  Is my copy of Office 2K bad?  Should I uninstall Win 2K SR-2
update?  Please advise...

Why does Win2K keep asking me for Office install cd's?

Post by Dave Patric » Fri, 06 Jul 2001 06:03:54

What happens if you give it what it wants?

--
Regards,

Dave Patrick
No email replies please - reply in newsgroup

[...]

Post by Resistance is Futile » Fri, 06 Jul 2001 06:36:34

Two possibilties:
1)  You are using an option you have told it to install on the first access
of that option (Office 2k that is) or,
2)  You are using an option you have told it to run only from CD-ROM, in
other words, it'll never install it on you PC, but always ask for the CD
when you run that option.

Quote:> Hi all,

> I just bought an IBM T20 with Win2000.  I'm a Win 2000 newbie but I needed
> it b/c my grad school insists on Win2000.  Anyways, I loaded Office 2000.
> Then I went and got the Win 2000 SR-2 update.  Everything seemed OK.
Later,
> I tried to do a 'search file or folder' and the 'Please install
> Office...etc..' window came up. If I hit cancel a few times it eventually
> goes away.  But this problem kept on coming up when I selected 'search
file
> or folder' from the Start menu.  So I reinstalled Office, got the Office
SR-
> 1 update from MSFT and every possible update I might need.  The problem
went
> away but today it came up out of the blue again, but this time asking for
> 'Please install Office SR-1 update...'  Again, hit cancel a few times and
> it's gone and I haven't seen it again yet, but does anyone know what is
> going on?  Is my copy of Office 2K bad?  Should I uninstall Win 2K SR-2
> update?  Please advise...

1. Why does Windows98 keep asking for Interactive Sampler on upgrade CD?

I recently upgraded to Window98 and now every time I boot my computer the
system asks for the Windows CD so that it can run the Interactive Sampler.
Anybody know how to stop it? I couldn't find anything on the Microsoft
knowledge base or anything through the artificial intelligence support
person.

Thanks in advance.

--
Evan

2. Which is the best MySQL book?

3. MS Home publisher keeps asking for cd's?

4. FS Halcyon Phone Line Simulator

5. Why does Win 2000 keep asking for a file?

6. Opinions?

7. Why 'Inaccessible_Boot_Drive' when installing win2k?

8. image to disk

9. Win File Protection keeps asking for the CD