"Unsafe removal of device" with 20GB and 30GB Hard drives...

"Unsafe removal of device" with 20GB and 30GB Hard drives...

Post by mo » Mon, 17 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I have an older motherboard that does NOT support ATA/66 but I do have the
most current bios that DOES support large 20GB and 30GB drives...   I have
disabled ATA/66 on the Western Digital drives with the Data Lifeguard
Utilities, and I get this error: "Unsafe removal of device" when I open Disk
Management...   Anyone else have this problem???

thanks,
mo

1. "Unsafe Removal of Device" - How to Disable Message?

A simple question with an odd background.

The question - How do I disable, within Windows 2000 SP3, the pop-up message
"Unsafe Removal of Device".

The background - I realise the reason this message normally pop's up is that
you remove a USB device or the like without first "uplug or ejecting" it
from the taskbar. In my case, however, I receive this error once a day for a
very odd reason...

My nearby fish-tank lights switch on!

The tank lights are on an automated timer and for some reason (power spike?)
one of my USB hubs plugged into the mains takes this as a USB device being
unplugged.

Obviously this is quite annoying - and beyond the obvious "get your
electrics fixed", I wonder if there is a registry hack or something similar
to turn off the "Unsafe Removal of Device" pop-up?

Regards,

Richard Tubb.

2. IShellDetails interface

3. Getting strange RAS Async Adapter "Unsafe Removal of Device" - Please help

4. Need some easy "select" assistance

5. "Unsafe Removal of Device" message in W2K

6. Request for VAX and SPARC Instruction Set Simulators

7. Supressing "USB unsafe removal of device" Warning ?

8. Phoenix MB spec search continued...

9. Unsafe removal of device error - device is hard drive

10. What is "\Device\Nbf_NdisWanNbfOut " & "\Device\Nbf_NdisWanNbfIn"

11. Hard Drive shows "unknown" and "unallocated" in CM