license issue

Post by Michael Landsitte » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 04:37:11

if you are referring to KB article Q239107  'Establishing Preferred Windows
2000 Terminal Servers License Server' I have already tried this. Anthing
else you can suggest. Thanks!

> Force on the TS registry the licensing server it should get its licenses
> from.
> Explained in details in the TechNet KB.
> There is a link to the article in the Microsoft Windows 2000 Terminal
> Services Community website. That by the way is linked on the first page of
> my website. :-)

> --
> Cludio Rodrigues, MVP
> Windows 2000/NT Server
> Terminal Services

> http://www.terminal-services.NET

> -> The only Terminal Services Client for DOS.
> -> The only customized RDP5.1 client with the close button disabled! :-)
> -> The first Terminal HW to sell under $150.00!
> -> Developers of FTPRDP, a very nice file transfer utility for TS!
> -> And my book is NOT coming!

> Do NOT email me directly UNLESS YOU KNOW ME or you are a Microsoft
> MVP/Employee.
> Use my support page on my website to submit your questions directly.

> > Hi All-
> > I have a w2k terminal server-its been running for a while with no
> > problems-when a new machine accessed the server all went well. We then
cut
> > to a domain environment-since that time we had no new users needed
access
> > the terminal server. we just had a user get a new machine which needed
> > access(via vpn) to the terminal server. While setting up i was able to
> > connect to the terminal server (pc was connected to lan) but once i
moved
> > off the lan to the vpn connection i received the 'terminal server cannot
> > issue a client license' message on the server. I looked at my licensing
> and
> > it was not activated-i assume because the domain controller became the
> > license server-so i called and got that straightend up and activated-i
> then
> > added my license pack.
> > Now i get the same 'terminal server cannot issue a client license' on
> every
> > 2nd connection i do. Meaning..i removed the registry key on the client
> > force a new license to be issued and the client connects. I then log off
> and
> > on the next(or any thereafter) attempt to connect the 'terminal server
> > cannot issue a client license' error comes back. If i remove the
registry
> > key i get a successful connection. The client pc shows up in my
licensing
> as
> > a existing win2k license.
> > any ideas what is up here i am at wits end. thanks!
> > michael

license issue

Post by Cláudio Rodrigue » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 04:30:28

Force on the TS registry the licensing server it should get its licenses
from.
Explained in details in the TechNet KB.
There is a link to the article in the Microsoft Windows 2000 Terminal
Services Community website. That by the way is linked on the first page of
my website. :-)

--
Cludio Rodrigues, MVP
Windows 2000/NT Server
Terminal Services

http://www.terminal-services.NET

-> The only Terminal Services Client for DOS.
-> The only customized RDP5.1 client with the close button disabled! :-)
-> The first Terminal HW to sell under $150.00!
-> Developers of FTPRDP, a very nice file transfer utility for TS!
-> And my book is NOT coming!

Do NOT email me directly UNLESS YOU KNOW ME or you are a Microsoft
MVP/Employee.
Use my support page on my website to submit your questions directly.

> Hi All-
> I have a w2k terminal server-its been running for a while with no
> problems-when a new machine accessed the server all went well. We then cut
> to a domain environment-since that time we had no new users needed access
> the terminal server. we just had a user get a new machine which needed
> access(via vpn) to the terminal server. While setting up i was able to
> connect to the terminal server (pc was connected to lan) but once i moved
> off the lan to the vpn connection i received the 'terminal server cannot
> issue a client license' message on the server. I looked at my licensing
and
> it was not activated-i assume because the domain controller became the
> license server-so i called and got that straightend up and activated-i
then
> added my license pack.
> Now i get the same 'terminal server cannot issue a client license' on
every
> 2nd connection i do. Meaning..i removed the registry key on the client to
> force a new license to be issued and the client connects. I then log off
and
> on the next(or any thereafter) attempt to connect the 'terminal server
> cannot issue a client license' error comes back. If i remove the registry
> key i get a successful connection. The client pc shows up in my licensing
as
> a existing win2k license.
> any ideas what is up here i am at wits end. thanks!
> michael

license issue

Post by Michael Landsitte » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 04:22:00

Hi All-
I have a w2k terminal server-its been running for a while with no
problems-when a new machine accessed the server all went well. We then cut
to a domain environment-since that time we had no new users needed access to
[...]

Post by Mark Caldwel » Sun, 19 Jan 2003 07:57:14

Hi Michael,
If you have not already, I recomend applying the TSLS enhancements. This clears up alot of these issues.
Here is where you can find it;

287687 Terminal Services Licensing Enhancements
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=287687

Best Regards,

Mark Caldwell [MSFT]
Partner Community Lead
MCP
MCSA

1. w2k license issue, 10 licenses with 7 computers - show license problem

Open "Licensing" in Admin Tools, and revoke the client licenses for the now-non-existing computers.

Steve Duff, MCSE
Ergodic Systems, Inc.

w2k license issue, 10 licenses with 7 computers - show license problem in event
viewer. no one else except admin can log on to the server. where can i fix this
problem ?

2. Hotsync -- changing time for dismissing the error log box

3. When will the CAL license issued to client be released by Licensing Server

4. Baan on NT

5. License issue - One user shows up twice in licensing : 1 normal and 1 with a $.

6. Buying a 68HC11E2FN

7. Strange License Issue (no licenses available)

8. pulling from oracle database

9. Licensing issue

10. Connection problem.... Licence issue??

11. Licensing Issue

12. Licensing issues

13. terminal server license issue - 2ND POST