win98 trouble accessing win2k with at twist...

win98 trouble accessing win2k with at twist...

Post by Newscen » Sun, 08 Sep 2002 15:59:23

I have a w2k laptop that I  bring home from work.. It is on a domain called
"dev"
I can access its shares at work from anytype of machine.. wether on a domain
or not..

I bring it home and plug it in to my wireless network (linksys) I log into
either the cached profile or the local account. It can access my win98
machine..

my win98machine can ping it and resolve its name.. but when I go to browse
or unc connect I am told network path cannot be found..

I log into the win98 using an account that exists on the win2k box

the win98 has netbui.. microsoft networking, and file and print share on..
It belongs to a workgroup with the same name as my domain at work... DEV

Help.... thanks

   http://www.newsfeed.com       The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

1. Another Win98 to Win2k with a twist

We have one location with 1 WinNT 4 server, 1 Win2K pro client and 5 Win9x
clients.  The Win2k client can see and access the server and all the Win9x
clients. The Win9x clients see the Win2k client but can not access the
share.  The error message that I get (on all the Win9x clients is Unknown
Error 2455). That's a new one.

I have the share on Win2k set to everyone and full access but! no go.

I have the same config in my office and it works fine.  I even matched up
the setting with my laptop running Win2k pro.  I am running out of hair to
pull out. Any ideas.  Thanks in advance.

Jeff..

2. W98se with ICS - Does Microsoft Family Logon still exist???

3. Win98 users sporadically can't access or logon Win2k without rebooting Win98

4. CHAT mode

5. I'm having trouble w/ MS Access in win2k

6. Next step

7. Intermittent Trouble Accessing NT4 Network Volume from Win2k Pro Client

8. mpi dec problem

9. HELP! Win2K -> Win98 Direct Cable Trouble

10. Registry trouble following Win98 SE to Win2K upgrade :(

11. Access troubles w/Win2k

12. Client Access trouble accessing win 2000 server