How can I stop the ICW from coming up the first time??

How can I stop the ICW from coming up the first time??

Post by Stev » Tue, 23 Oct 2001 23:41:00

I am putting a new win2k build together.  I want to preconfigure the
internet setting AND prevent ICW from running the first time a new user
running IE.  I assume that I need to load the hive for the ntuser.dat in the
default user folder and make the necessary changes to that hive.  What
section are these settings in?  What are the settings?

Thanks,

Steve

Post by Helge Wunderlic » Thu, 25 Oct 2001 05:23:14

>I am putting a new win2k build together.  I want to preconfigure the
>internet setting AND prevent ICW from running the first time a new user
>running IE.

Download the Internet Explorer Administration Kit. With it, you can
build a custom installation that is tailored for you in every possible
way.

--
Helge Wunderlich

Please delete obvious part of email address to send email.

How can I stop the ICW from coming up the first time??

Post by Allan H?jber » Thu, 25 Oct 2001 23:06:14

Hi S.

See Microsoft Q250380

/Allan

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I am putting a new win2k build together.  I want to
preconfigure the
>internet setting AND prevent ICW from running the first
time a new user
>running IE.  I assume that I need to load the hive for

the ntuser.dat in the
Quote:>default user folder and make the necessary changes to
that hive.  What
>section are these settings in?  What are the settings?

>Thanks,

>Steve

>.

1. Win 2000 shutdown one time yes one time no help me!!!

It's probably a bug....
When I shutdown I go to a splendid blue screen (not the terrific one with
fatal error)
and the pointer of my mouse is frozen.
The diks stop but no powerdown.
My bios support APM but Windows 2000 make the same thing APM Enabled or not.
My Final test because I have 3 OS on my machine is to boot Windows 2000 and
lauch no apps.
I push shutdown and "miracle" the system powerdown normally.
Powerdown is perfect under Windows 98 or Linux.
Windows 2000 is probably a stakanovist OS when you begin to work you must
never stop.

If Ni1 can help me
email me:

                   \\|||||||//

--------o00---------0oo-----------------------
Philippe

2. Q: higher resolution

3. time synch one more time

4. Caller ID on TV

5. software install with grouppolicy failes first time, successfull second time

6. DMA-settings in win2k pro

7. time synch one more time

8. FS: A2000

9. Internet Sharing in Windows 2000 Server Stop from time to time

10. Taskbar Date/Time - Time randomly resets back one hour

11. Can't connect to Internet first time, second time OK

12. limit users to one log on at one time..

13. email stops coming in